International Journal of Service and Computing Oriented Manufacturing
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Fei Tao
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Theory and technology advances in the fields of information systems and technology, internet, computer science, operational research, management science, IT services and advanced computing technologies will help manufacturing enterprises to make the changes required to realise the goal of TQCSEFK (fastest Time-to-market, highest Quality, lowest Cost, best Service, cleanest Environment, greatest Flexibility, and highest levels of Knowledge). IJSCOM aims to establish a bridge between manufacturing and these fields so as to disseminate knowledge amongst those involved in these areas.
Topics covered include
- Service-oriented and computing/simulation-based manufacturing systems
- Event/business-driven manufacturing systems
- Biological/agent/ontology/module-based manufacturing systems
- Digital self-organising/distributed manufacturing
- Remanufacturing, reconfigurable/intelligent/flexible manufacturing systems
- Complex/dynamic characteristics, network virtualisation/monitoring/control
- Advanced computing/artificial intelligence and intranet/internet technologies
- Information system application/integration
- Supporting environment, tools; safety, security, reliability, trust
- Simulation/modelling, optimisation, implementation/management tools
- Workflow, project supply chain management, collaboration
- Enterprise production/business models, resource/service management
- Marketing, business models, strategies
- Law, ethics, standards, energy issues, environmental management
- Future manufacturing system/models
- Service and Computing-oriented Manufacturing (SCoM) systems, including architecture, theory, method, modelling, application, and case studies of:
- Service-oriented manufacturing systems
- Computing-based manufacturing systems
- Simulation-based manufacturing systems
- Event-driven business-driven manufacturing systems
- Cyber manufacturing systems
- Biological-based manufacturing systems
- Digital manufacturing
- Multi-agent-based manufacturing systems
- Self-organising manufacturing systems
- Distributed manufacturing systems
- Ontology-based manufacturing systems
- Module-based manufacturing systems
- Remanufacturing and reconfigurable manufacturing systems
- Intelligent and flexible manufacturing systems
- Application of advanced computing technologies in manufacturing, including:
- Manufacturing grid, applications of grid computing in manufacturing
- Cloud manufacturing, applications of cloud computing in manufacturing
- Application of quantum computing in manufacturing
- Application of intelligent optimisation algorithms (e.g. QMAEA, PSO, GAs, ANNs, ACO, immune algorithms) in manufacturing
- Application of distributed computing, parallel computing, cluster computing, high performance technology (HPC), ubiquitous/pervasive computing, intelligent computing, P2P, etc. in manufacturing
- Resource and service management in SCoM, including:
- Manufacturing resources and services
- Management systems
- Modelling, digital description and annotation
- Creation, visualisation, realisation, deployment and delivery
- Business components
- Discovery/search and match
- Value chain collaboration
- Monitoring and failure management
- QoS (quality of service) management, including QoS modelling, description, evaluation, extraction, comparison, aggression, etc.
- Trust and reliability management
- Planning, scheduling and control
- Cost and price management
- Characteristics of SCoM, including:
- Application of complex theory in SCoM systems
- Complex characteristics involved in SCoM
- Dynamic characteristics of SCoM systems
- Scale-free characteristics of manufacturing networks
- Virtualisation of SCoM networks
- Monitoring and control of SCoM networks
- Supporting environment and tools for SCoM, including:
- Internet/web supports, e.g. internet/web standards, criteria, protocols, middleware, data warehouses, web portals and interfaces, language, ontology, etc.
- Digital equipment, processes, machining methods
- Information systems, e.g. CAD/CAPP/CAM/ERP/SCM/CRM/PDM/MES/PLM, etc.
- Safety, security, reliability and trust in SCoM
- Simulation and modelling in SCoM
- Supply chain management for SCoM
- Enterprise production and business models for SCoM
- Optimisation problems in SCoM, e.g. job scheduling, planning, partner selection, etc.
- Workflow, project management and collaboration in SCoM
- Implementation and management tools for SCoM
- Application of advanced intranet/internet technology in manufacturing, e.g. cyber physical systems (CPS), wireless sensor networks (WSN), internet of things (IoT)
- Application and information system integration in manufacturing systems
- Future manufacturing system and models
- Marketing, business models, strategies for SCoM
- Law, ethics, standards, energy issues, environmental management for SCoM
- Application of artificial intelligence in SCoM
More on this journal...
- To establish channels of communication and disseminate knowledge between academics, researchers, educators, policy makers, executives and practitioners working in the interdisciplinary fields of manufacturing information, internet, control systems, operational research and management
- To further the theory and technology in these fields to be used in manufacturing, and to accelerate the development of manufacturing
- To enable IT services and advanced computing to perform manufacturing services more efficiently and effectively
IJSCOM is a global forum to help policy makers, executives, academics, educators, researchers and practitioners working in the interdisciplinary fields of manufacturing, information, operational research, simulation, industrial informatics and management science to discuss important ideas and concepts, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSCOM primarily publishes original, empirical and review papers; case studies; conference and technology reports; and new book reviews. In addition to the regular issues of the journal, IJSCOM publishes Special Issues devoted to important topics in the areas listed above.
Editor in Chief
- Tao, Fei, Beihang University (Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics), China
Editorial Board Members
- Borangiu, Theodor, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Borgonovo, Emanuele, Bocconi University, Italy
- Brahnam, Sheryl, Missouri State University, USA
- Bruzzone, Agostino G., University of Genoa, Italy
- Chaki, Nabendu, University of Calcutta, India
- Lehmann, Axel, Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen, Germany
- Li, Weiping, Peking University, China
- Marinello, Francesco, University of Padova, Italy
- Nee, Andrew Yeh-Ching, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Pham, D. T., University of Birmingham, UK
- Pickl, Stefan, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany
- Sarker, Bhaba R., Louisiana State University, USA
- Senthilkumar, Sukumar, Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Setchi, Rossitza, Cardiff University, UK
- Venkatesh, V. C., University of Nevada-Las Vegas, USA
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wang, Q, Peking University, China
- Xie, F., Portland State University, USA
- Zhang, L., Beihang University, China
- Zhou, Z. D., Wuhan University of Technology, China
- Zhu, Fuxi, Wuhan University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.