International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics
- Founding Editor
- Prof. Basil Manos
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 0.8
IJSAMI establishes an international state-of-the-art knowledge platform bringing together agricultural management functions and informatics modules to establish effective communication channels. These channels are important for sustainable and effective decision making in agriculture, food and the environment which in turn contribute to productivity, competitiveness and sustainable development. IJSAMI highlights new strategies, tools, techniques and technologies essential for developing sustainable agricultural management and information and communications technologies
Topics covered include
- Management of agricultural resources
- Planning and development
- Sustainability and efficiency
- Impact assessment
- Modelling and simulation
- Information/database systems
- Decision support systems
- Supply chain management, logistics and traceability
- E-business, e-commerce, e-government, e-society, e-learning, e-services
- ICT adoption, green ICT technologies
- ICT in climate change/global warming, cultivation/pastoral areas/rural development
- Innovative technologies in agritourism and ecotourism
- New technologies in ecosystems management, forestry and natural resources
- GIS and applications
- Precision farming systems
IJSAMI aims to cultivate the generic idea of sustainable management and ICT. Its objectives are to:
- Raise the awareness of the importance of sustainable management and ICT research in agriculture, food and the environment
- Focus on excellence in developing sustainable management and ICT methodologies, models and techniques to deal with major decision making problems in agriculture, food and the environment
- Provide insights into the latest sustainable management and ICT developments, and
- Offer a networking forum for academic researchers and industry practitioners
IJSAMI shapes its readership from the research needs of a wide-ranging but tightly focused set of groups that are actively involved in advancing the field of management and ICT in agriculture, food and the environment. These groups include academic researchers active within the areas of information technology, operations research and management science. Industry practitioners and professionals are also expected to benefit from the journal content.
IJSAMI publishes peer reviewed applied and theoretical research papers. Special Issues devoted to important topics in sustainable agricultural management and informatics and related topics will be published occasionally.
IJSAMI is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Asian Digital Library
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
IJSAMI is listed in:
- Manos, Basil, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Papathanasiou, Jason, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Andreopoulou, Zacharoula, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Berbel, Julio, University of Cordoba, Spain
- Pardalos, Panos M., University of Florida, USA
- Schiefer, Gerhard, University of Bonn, Germany
- Viaggi, Davide, University of Bologna, Italy
- Vlachopoulou, Maro, University of Macedonia, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Andres, Frederic, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Angulo-Meza, Lidia, Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Brazil
- Arin, Levent, Namik Kemal University, Turkey
- Armstrong, Leisa, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Azevedo, Susana Garrido, University of Beira Interior, Portugal
- Behrendt, Karl, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Bournaris, Thomas, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Bryant, Christopher R., Université de Montréal, Canada
- Choe, Young Chan, Seoul National University, South Korea
- David, Amos, Lorraine University, France
- Fomichov, Vladimir A., National Research University, Russian Federation
- Fotidis, Ioannis, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Guth, Marta, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
- Islam, Fakhrul, Bangbandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University, Bangladesh
- Klonaris, Stathis, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
- Ladanyi, Marta, Szent István University, Hungary
- Li, Shujun, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Mechanization Sciences, China
- Madi, Maria Alejandra Caporale, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP) and World Economics Association (WEA), Brazil
- Majewski, Edward, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland
- Mardani, Abbas, University of South Florida, USA
- Masner, Jan, University of Life Sciences Prague, Czech Republic
- Matopoulos, Aristides, Aston University, UK
- Mesa-Jurado, Maria A., El Colegio de la Frontera Sur, Mexico
- Norton, Tomás, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Panagopoulos, Thomas, University of Algarve, Portugal
- Petrescu-Mag, Ruxandra M., Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Polman, Nico, Wageningen UR, Netherlands
- Qannari, El Mostafa, ONIRIS - Nantes Atlantic National College of Veterinary Medicine, Food Science and Engineering, France
- Raggi, Meri, University of Bologna, Italy
- Rey Vicario, Dolores, Cranfield University, UK
- Sáez, María-José Verdecho, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Slamet, Alim Setiawan, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia
- Sridhara, Shankarappa, University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences, India
- Sun, Zhenjun, China Agricultural University, China
- Vacik, Harald, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), Austria
- Valenzuela, Lionel, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile
- Vlontzos, George, University of Thessaly, Greece
- Vougioukas, Stavros G., University of California, Davis, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Post-pandemic food security
9 July, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has wrecked lives and wreaked havoc on economies around the world. Part of the problem has been our solution to disease. The measures, such as social, business, and educational lockdown and border controls that are aimed at stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus – SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 – have disrupted the supply of agricultural food products to markets and consumers. Ultimately, the ongoing pandemic is threatening food security in many parts of the world. New research published in the International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics, has looked at the problem of food security facing Southeast Asia. Fundamentally, the team of Siti Fatimahwati Pehin Dato Musa of the Universiti Brunei Darussalam and Khairul Hidayatullah Basir of the Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali both in Brunei Darussalam, have considered how food safety and hygiene might be ensured in the pandemic and beyond. They also consider how we might evolve a sustainable approach t food security now and for the future [...]More details...
International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics indexed by Clarivate Analytics' Emerging Sources Citation Index
22 May, 2021
Inderscience is pleased to announce that the International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics has been indexed by Clarivate Analytics' Emerging Sources Citation Index.
Prof. Basil Manos, Editor in Chief of the journal, says, "Getting IJSAMI into the Emerging Sources Citations Index is the outcome of our persistent and methodical efforts to ensure the highest quality of papers, to use competent reviewers, and to have fast email exchanges with our authors and reviewers. I am very pleased and excited with this acknowledgment of our work, and I remain committed to providing the international scientific community with a journal of the highest quality."