International Journal of Molecular Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Nature already uses atomic and molecular level engineering within cells, organelles, tissues and organs to create a vast array of functional structures. Engineers are beginning to develop techniques which allow the creation and development of a whole range of materials and structures which will have a huge range of applications. Molecular engineering is a truly multidisciplinary area involving biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, electronics, engineering, materials and ethics. IJME addresses the fundamental science, process technology and applications of molecular engineering.
Topics covered include
- Fundamental chemistry, biology, physics of molecular engineering
- Modelling and simulations of molecular machines and structures
- Cell and tissue engineering
- Molecular fabrication
- Tools and processes for molecular manipulation
- Management of molecular engineering processes
- Applications of molecular engineering
- Applications of molecular engineering in micromanufacturing and nanomanufacturing enterprises
The objectives of IJME are to establish effective channels of communication on the latest developments in the field of molecular engineering, including science, processes, technology and applications, between engineers, scientists, industry, policy makers, academic and research institutions, and persons concerned with any aspect of molecular engineering. The interdisciplinary nature of molecular engineering will serve to break down cultural, international and academic barriers to meet the needs of accelerating technological developments in the international community for a global change in many fields.
IJME provides a vehicle to help academics, researchers, industrial companies, trade associations and policy makers in the fields of chemistry, biology, physics, materials science, engineering, biotechnology, nanotechnology, electronics and business to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJME publishes original high quality papers, rapid communications, timely review papers, technical reports and case studies. Special Issues devoted to developments in important topics in molecular engineering will be published periodically.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Ali, Nasar, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Okpalugo, Thomas, University of Ulster, UK
- Zhu, Xianfang, Xiamen University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Blau, Werner, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Boyd, Adrian, University of Ulster at Jordanstown, UK
- Byrne, Tony, University of Ulster, UK
- Cai, Weiping, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Chen, Li-Chyong, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Chu, Paul K., City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- De Hosson, Jeff, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- De Silva, A. P., Queen's University of Belfast, UK
- Gaspar, R., Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Goto, Takashi, Tohoku University, Japan
- Gruen, Dieter, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Hassan, Israr Ul, Dhofar University, Oman
- Huang, Yizhong, University of Oxford, UK
- Hutchison, John, University of Oxford, UK
- Kitazawa, Nobuaki, National Defense Academy, Japan
- Lee, S. T., City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lu, Max, The University of Queensland, Australia
- May, Paul, University of Bristol, UK
- Meletis, Efstathios I., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Milne, Bill, University of Cambridge, UK
- Mitura, Stanislaw, Technical University of Lodz, Poland
- Morrell, Jonathan S., Y-12 National Security Complex, USA
- Oechsner, Andreas, Technical University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Oechsner, Hans, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Ogwu, Abraham Atta, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Rego, Chris, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Venkatraman, Subbu S., Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Veprek, Stan, TU München, Germany
- Ying, Jackie Yi-Ru, Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Singapore
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.