International Journal of Internet of Things and Cyber-Assurance
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Tyson T. Brooks
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The Internet of Things must address the reliable and timely delivery of information, regardless of cyber-threats, using secure automatic processes over distributed and heterogeneous computing systems. IJITCA provides an embedded security, information assurance and cyber-security research perspective, illustrating how cyber-assurance must integrate with IoT devices and networks to understand how these individual components interact in ways to resist and avoid intentional attempts to compromise normal operations. IJITCA addresses the protection of IoT networks from mobile devices to complex processing systems.
Topics covered include
- Secure algorithms used to spawn and control intelligent agents for embedded processing of IoT devices and networks
- Key distribution and management in IoT networks
- Secure IoT radio frequency (RF) signal processing
- Distributed IoT networks using embedded sensors and actuators
- Design tools for integrating RF devices and components, e.g. inductors and optics, on IoT processing chips
- Techniques to improve the quality of attack indications or threat warnings for IoT networks
- IoT technology for implementing monolithic transceivers on single integrated circuits
- IoT processors capable of multiple gigahertz operations
- IoT sensor intrusion networking systems, including distributed detection/estimations
- Synchronised cyber-attacks against the smart grid and/or SCADA systems
- Modelling frameworks for cyber-physical systems under cyber-attacks
- Optimal IoT network clustering for distributed procedures in cyber-physical systems
- Tools and techniques for automating the creation and distribution of interoperable vulnerabilities in IoT devices and networks
The objective of IJITCA is to increase the visibility of current research in cyber-assurance and emergent trends in information assurance theory, cyber-security application, architecture and information security in the IoT based on theoretical aspects and studies of practical applications. The journal will cover fundamental to advanced concepts necessary to grasp IoT current cyber-assurance issues, challenges and solutions as well as future trends in secure IoT infrastructures, architectures and applications.
The target audience of IJITCA extends to researchers, professionals and students working in the field of cyber-assurance, secure wireless technologies, information security architecture and cyber-security. The articles published will be written for those who want to gain and/or improve their understanding of the latest developments of cyber-assurance related issues for the IoT.
IJITCA publishes original research papers, technical reports, case studies, laboratory experiments and book reviews. Special issues devoted to the important topics of information security for the Internet of Things will be published.
Editor in Chief
- Brooks, Tyson T., Syracuse University, USA
- Gupta, Brij B., National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
- Kotis, Konstantinos, University of the Aegean, Greece
- Orebaugh, Angela, University of Virginia, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Agrawal, Dharma P., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Alomari, Esraa, University of Wasit, Iraq
- Babulak, Eduard, Fort Hays State University, USA
- Butakov, Sergey, Concordia University of Edmonton, Canada
- Dincelli, Ersin, University of Colorado Denver, USA
- Köse, Utku, Suleyman Demirel University, Turkey
- Krishna, M. Bala, GGS Indraprastha University, India
- Leberknight, Christopher, Montclair State University, USA
- Murillo, Martin, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Park, Joon, Syracuse University, USA
- Pedersen, Rasmus Ulslev, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Rajkumar, Rajasekaran, Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Sharma, Shwadhin, California State University, Monterey Bay, USA
- Singh, Vijendra, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India
- Souri, Alireza, Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Veluru, Suresh, United Technologies Research Center Ireland, Ireland
- Yamaguchi, Shingo, Yamaguchi University, Japan
- Zhou, Honbo, UbiLink Co. Ltd., China
- Zissis, Dimitris, University of the Aegean, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.