International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ngoc Thanh Nguyen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.3 (2019)
Intelligent information systems and intelligent database systems are a very dynamically developing field in computer sciences. IJIIDS focuses on research in applications of advanced intelligent technologies for data storing/processing in a wide-ranging context, involving solutions to real-life problems in which it is necessary to apply intelligent technologies to achieve effective results. The emphasis of the reported work is on new and original research and technological developments rather than reports on the application of existing technology to different sets of data.
Topics covered include
- Database management technologies
- Heterogeneous/distributed/mobile databases
- Temporal/active/dynamic databases
- Semi-structured and XML-able database systems
- Method engineering and meta-modelling
- Big data and machine learning; data warehousing/mining
- Database models, query languages, security, integrity
- Support for virtual teams, mobile collaboration
- E-business/m-commerce models and architectures
- Enterprise systems and supply chain integration
- Information retrieval/intelligent information systems
- Information modelling and requirements engineering
- Intelligent agents, agent-based applications
- Knowledge-based systems, semantic web and ontology
- Web databases, web-based information systems
IJIIDS strives to cover all aspects of working out new intelligent technologies for information processing, creating databases and processing data. Papers also highlight advances in uses of intelligent information systems and intelligent database systems for solving tasks in management, industry, engineering, administration and education, and evaluations of existing intelligent systems and tools, emphasising comparative studies and user experiences. Papers on key applications, highlighting methods, time schedules and other relevant materials, are welcome.
The material published in IJIIDS is appropriate for the following readers: computer science researchers, IT engineers, policy makers, computer science students, managers in IT, business and commerce, and all people whose work is related to information and database systems.
IJIIDS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in intelligent information and database systems and related subjects are welcome.
IJIIDS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJIIDS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Nguyen, Ngoc Thanh, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Kozierkiewicz, Adrianna, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Chen, Shyi-Ming, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Filev, Dimitar P., Ford Motor Company , USA
- Kacprzyk, Janusz, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Treur, Jan, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nguyen, Thi Thuy Loan, International University - Vietnam National University HCM City, Vietnam
Editorial Board Members
- Bieliková, Mária, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Cao, Longbing, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Capkovic, Frantisek, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia
- Davidsson, Paul, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Di Marzo Serugendo, Giovanna, Birkbeck College (University of London), UK
- Do, Tien Van, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Giorgini, Paolo, University of Trento, Italy
- Howlett, Robert J., University of Brighton, UK
- Jain, Lakhmi C., University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Jezic, Gordan, University of Zagreb , Croatia
- Khosla, Rajiv, La Trobe University, Australia
- Kiem, Hoang, University of Information Technology, Vietnam
- Langari, Reza, Texas A&M University, USA
- Lenz, Richard, University of Erlangenand Nuremberg, Germany
- Lingras, Pawan, Saint Mary’s University, Canada
- Mukhopadhyay, Debajyoti, Bennett University at Greater Noida, India
- Nedjah, Nadia, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Ng, Wee Keong, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Paprzycki, Marcin, Systems Research Institute, Poland
- Selamat, Ali, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Shi, Peng, University of Glamorgan, UK
- Skowron, Andrzej, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Szczepaniak, Piotr S., Polish Academy of Sciences and Technical University of Lodz, Poland
- Szczerbicki, Edward, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Wierzchoń, Slawomir, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Yoshida, Katsumi, St. Marianna University, Japan
- Zhong, Ning, Maebashi Institute of Technology, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Securing the smart home
7 July, 2020
So...you've built your smart home, it's got smart heating and lighting, all the latest smart communications and entertainment systems, and of course, smart power generation to make it smart and green. But, how do you keep it secure and stop forced digital or physical entry? Well, you need smart security too, of course. Writing in the International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems, a team from India discusses how the sensor-enabled internet of things (IoT) has improved many aspects of daily life and how the same tools and devices might be used to make us safer and more secure too [...]More details...
22 January, 2020
Data mining and extraction of knowledge from disparate sources is big data, big business. But, how does the search software cope with entities that are mentioned where only part of their name is used or a name is hyphenated when it normally isn't? Research published in the International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems reveals details of a new approach to improving named entity recognition and disambiguation in news headlines [...]More details...