International Journal of Granular Computing, Rough Sets and Intelligent Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Granular computing and soft computing have begun to play important roles in bioinformatics, e-business, security, machine learning, data mining, high-performance computing and wireless mobile computing in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, robustness and uncertainty. IJGCRSIS aims to publish the latest research and development results and experiences in the areas of granular computing, rough sets, fuzzy sets, soft computing and intelligent systems.
Topics covered include
- Granular and rough computing theory and applications
- Computing with words
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Fuzzy set theory and applications
- Evolutionary computing
- Neural networks
- Web informatics, Web intelligence and mining
- Data security
- Granular computing in bioinformatics
The major objective of IJGCRSIS is to stimulate new multidisciplinary research and the development of cutting-edge methods, techniques and tools to solve problems in the above areas. The goal is to help readers understand state-of-the-art techniques/algorithms/methods in soft computing and granular computing.
IJGCRSIS provides a forum to help academics, practitioners, post-graduates and policy makers, working in the area of granular computing, soft computing (rough sets, fuzzy sets, evolutionary computing, neural networks, genetic computing, etc.), to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. The intended audiences are granular and soft computing researchers/practitioners, and specialists in academia and industry.
IJGCRSIS publishes original research papers (long and short papers, exploratory papers), review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference/workshop reports, application notes, book reviews, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in granular computing and soft computing, selected from top related conferences such as IEEE GrC, RSFDGrC, IEEE FUZZ, IEEE NN, WCCI and related workshop etc., will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Patnaik, Srikanta, Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
Editorial Advisory Board
- Kacprzyk, Janusz, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Petry, Fred, Naval Research Laboratory, USA
- Yager, Ronald R., Iona College, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Balas, Valentina E., Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania
- Cerulli, Raffaele, University of Salerno, Italy
- Cervone, Guido, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Gentili, Monica, University of Louisville, USA
- Greco, Salvatore, Portsmouth University, UK
- Liu, Guilong, Beijing Language and Culture University, China
- Niskanen, Vesa A., University of Helsinki, Finland
- Slowinski, Roman, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Stoica, Adrian, NASA, USA
- Wang, Shuliang, Wuhan University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.