International Journal of the Energy-Growth Nexus
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angeliki N. Menegaki
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The energy-growth nexus is a major field of energy economics and econometrics that informs the transition to green energies, which must happen at a pace that will not retard economic growth. The energy-growth nexus can contribute tremendously to government energy policies and energy company resilience. IJEGN is dedicated to research in the energy-growth nexus field that generates clear and continuously testable results for new energy policy making, which in turn affect economies and societies and their sustainable futures.
Topics covered include
- Novel econometric approaches in the energy-growth nexus
- Meta-analyses and systematic literature reviews of specified areas in the energy-growth nexus
- Case studies of energy policy making that has been informed by the energy-growth nexus
- Bridges between various econometric methods and approaches that equip the nexus with resilience and stability of results
- Sustainable energy policies derived from the energy-growth nexus
- Cyclical economy policies derived from the energy-growth nexus
- Energy policy directives information generated by the energy-growth nexus
- Theory formation of the energy-growth nexus
- Hybrid models of the energy-growth nexus
- Interdisciplinary models of the energy-growth nexus
- The energy-growth nexus of economic sectors
- Micro-economy and the energy-growth nexus
- Any other areas related to and in the spirit of the above
The main objective of IJEGN is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of energy in society. The journal wishes to transform energy-growth nexus research results into solid policy recommendations that will be insensitive to various parameter configurations inherent in model setups. IJEGN encourages the adoption of a meta-analytical perspective with the aim of a holistic research outlook that will apply the combined study of appropriate groups of studies, which in turn will generate stable results under dynamic frameworks.
Overall, IJEGN's wider objectives include the following:
- Leading energy-growth nexus studies to concrete policy conclusions through the incorporation of novel approaches, with a particular focus on meta-analytical perspectives
- Guiding policy makers with solid recommendations concerning the positive and negative effects on economic growth after the implementation of energy conservation programs
- Establishing methods and approaches that will make energy-growth studies less sensitive to different econometric methods
- Exploiting meta-analytic methods and approaches to bridge results from different studies
- Advising economies on energy sustainability and cyclical energy economy implementations
- Reconciling energy-growth studies with the demands and consequences of major energy policy directives already in effect in various countries
- Introducing the energy-growth nexus to micro-economics (since as yet it has been a macro-economic area)
- Contributing to the formation of a solid and testable theory formation around the energy-growth nexus
- Advancing the energy-growth nexus in any possible way and removing the veils of controversy
- Creating hybrids of the energy-growth nexus with other economic approaches
IJEGN provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the fields of energy economy, energy management and business education to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJEGN publishes original research papers, review papers, research letters, technical reports, case studies and book reviews, and is open to other content that serves the journal's objectives. Special issues devoted to important topics in the energy-growth nexus will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Menegaki, Angeliki N., Cyprus Open University, Cyprus and Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya, India
Regional Editor Africa
- Inglesi-Lotz, Roula, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Regional Editor Asia
- Wei, Chu, Renmin University of China, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Magazzino, Cosimo, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Italy
Regional Editor Latin America
- Marques, Antonio Cardoso, Universidade da Beira Interior, Portugal
Regional Editor Middle East
- Ahmad, Nisar, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Antonakakis, Nikos, Webster Vienna Private University, Austria
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Bulut, Umit, Kirsehir Ahi Evran University, Turkey
- Farhani, Sahbi, Université de Sousse, Tunisia
- Polemis, Michael, University of Pireus, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Bhattacharya, Mita, Monash University, Australia
- Bianco, Vincenzo, University of Genoa, Italy
- Cai, Yifei, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Naveed, Amjad, Aarhus Universitet, Denmark
- Nepal, Rabindra, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Tsani, Stella, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Tugcu, Can Tansel, Akdeniz University, Turkey
- Uddin, Gazi Salah, Linköping University, Sweden
- Vlados, Charis, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.