International Journal of Computers in Healthcare
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Yen-Wei Chen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJCIH is a fully-refereed international journal publishing original articles concerning the theory and application of the computer to biomedicine and healthcare, with emphasis on novel approaches of wide healthcare significance.
Topics covered include
- Innovative paradigms and applications of computers in biomedicine and healthcare
- Knowledge-based systems in biomedicine and healthcare
- Artificial intelligence and computational intelligence paradigms in biomedicine and healthcare
The main aim of IJCIH is to provide an international forum for exchanging results of original research ideas and concepts in both computer science and artificial intelligence techniques in biomedicine and healthcare. IJCIH focuses on articles that report novel approaches of wide healthcare significance in the areas of decision support systems, medical diagnosis, data mining, e-Health, knowledge management, information retrieval and text mining.
IJCIH provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics and researchers in medical informatics and healthcare to disseminate the latest application of computer science and artificial intelligence techniques in biomedicine and healthcare.
IJCIH publishes original research papers, case studies and commentaries with specific emphasis on the use of computer science and artificial intelligence as means to improve healthcare. Special issues of the journal may occasionally be published.
- Jain, Lakhmi C., University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Krasheninnikov, Victor, Ulyanovsk State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Mulvenna, Maurice, University of Ulster, UK
- Silverman, Barry G., University of Pennsylvania, USA
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Yen-Wei, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- Belciug, Smaranda, University of Craiova, Romania
- Borda, Ann, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Dey, Nilanjan, Techno India College of Technology, India
- Rovetta, Stefano, University of Genova, Italy
- Shi, Fuqian, Wenzhou Medical University, China
- Brooks, Anthony, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Obukhova, Natalia, St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University, Russian Federation
Editorial Board Members
- Bianchini, Monica, Università degli Studi Di Siena, Italy
- Bichindaritz, Isabelle, University of Washington, Tacoma, USA
- Cerrito, Patricia B., University of Louisville, USA
- Combi, Carlo, Universitá degli Studi di Verona, Italy
- Goto, Tomio, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
- Hongsermeier, Tonya, Partners Healthcare, USA
- Jenders, Robert A., National Institutes of Health and Georgetown University, USA
- Koczkodaj, Waldemar W., Laurentian University, Canada
- Kook, Cho, Dong-A University, South Korea
- Kumar, Vinod, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
- Maojo, Victor, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Markey, Mia K., University of Texas, USA
- Murphy, Shawn, Partners Healthcare System, Inc, USA
- Nagashino, Hirofumi, University of Tokushima, Japan
- Peleg, Mor, University of Haifa, Israel
- Qiao, Xu, Shandong University, China
- Rakus-Andersson, Elisabeth, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Saha, Asit K., Central State University, USA
- Smith, Stephen L., The University of York, UK
- Tedman, Raymond, Griffith University, Australia
- Tsumoto, Shusaku, Shimane University, Japan
- Uchino, Eiji, Yamaguchi University, Japan
- Yoshida, Hiro, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Zhang, Daqing, Institut TELECOM, France
- Zheng, Huiru (Jane), University of Ulster, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.