International Journal of Behavioural Accounting and Finance
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Wissam Abdallah
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJBAF publishes research focusing on behavioural issues in accounting and finance across financial markets, corporate or governmental contexts in different countries. IJBAF welcomes theoretical or empirical papers demonstrating how human behaviour affects accounting or finance or vice-versa. The scope of the journal is broad. It includes behavioural research in major disciplines in accounting such as financial accounting, management accounting, and auditing, and in finance such as corporate, investments and financial markets.
Topics covered include
- Judgment and decision-making
- Human information processing
- Behavioural issues in financial accounting, management accounting and auditing
- Behavioural issues in corporate financing, investment, and mutual funds
- Investors' behaviour and sentiments
- Calendar effects and other anomalies in financial markets
- Fundamental and non-fundamental equilibria in financial markets
- Gender issues in finance and accounting
- Behavioural implications of corporate governance systems
- Experimental studies in accounting and finance
- Survey analysis
- Game theory
IJBAF aims to be a leading journal for publishing original papers reporting the results of research that address behavioural issues in accounting or finance. The term 'behavioural issues' is interpreted widely and includes but is not limited to economic, managerial, psychological and social issues underpinning individuals, groups, organisations, financial markets, and society. The majority of the papers in IJBAF employ empirical methods (econometric or experimental) as a central feature of their research design. Alternative research methods such as case studies will be considered where these are appropriate for the research question. Commentaries or discussions of previously published papers are also welcome but these would usually be shorter papers.
- Educational institutes around the world (e.g., universities, polytechnics, colleges)
- Public and university libraries
- Financial institutions and banks around the world
- Professional bodies in accounting and finance
IJBAF publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in behavioural accounting and finance will occasionally be published.
IJBAF is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
IJBAF is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Abdallah, Wissam, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia, Aston University, UK
- Rathinasamy, Rathin S., Ball State University, USA
- Steeley, James M., Aston University, UK
- Guney, Yilmaz, University of Hull, UK
- Mai, Yiyuan, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Abate, Guido, University of Brescia, Italy
- Abdallah, Abed Al-Nasser, American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Ackert, Lucy F., Kennesaw State University, USA
- Al-Ghazali, Abdullah, Salalah College of Technology, Oman
- Ashton, John, Bangor University, UK
- Barone, Elisabetta, King's College London, UK
- Basili, Marcello, University of Siena, Italy
- Bregn, Kirsten, Roskilde University, Denmark
- Carè, Rosella, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Italy
- Chatterjee, Sris, Fordham University, USA
- Chen, Louisa X. H., Bank of England, UK
- Chowdhury, Reza, University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
- Church, Bryan K., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Coakley, Jerry, University of Essex, UK
- Cooper, Philip, University of Bath, UK
- Corter, James E., Columbia University, USA
- Crawford, Ian, University of Bath, UK
- Cumming, Douglas J., York University, Canada
- De Bondt, Werner, DePaul University, USA
- Drouvelis, Michalis, University of Birmingham, UK
- Duxbury, Darren, Newcastle University Business School, UK
- Eshraghi, Arman, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Fairchild, Richard, University of Bath, UK
- Gervais, Simon, Duke University, USA
- Goodwin, Paul, University of Bath, UK
- Gordon, Cameron, University of Canberra, Australia
- Gounopoulos, Dimitrios, University of Sussex, UK
- Hassan, Mostafa Kamal, Qatar University, Qatar
- Hudson, Robert, Newcastle University, UK
- Ismail, Ahmad, The American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Kleinman, Gary, Montclair State University, USA
- Kluger, Brian D., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Kostyuk, Alexander, Sumy State University, Ukraine
- Krause, Andreas, University of Bath, UK
- Lucey, Brian, Trinity College, Ireland
- Mansour, Walid, University of Sousse, Tunisia, and Research Affiliate, USA
- Marnet, Oliver, Aberystwyth University, UK
- Muradoglu, Gulnur, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Pradhan, Roli, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), India
- Ricciardi, Victor, Social Science Research Network, USA
- Saad, Mohsen, American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Summers, Barbara, University of Leeds, UK
- Taffler, Richard, Edinburgh University, UK
- Tourani-Rad, Alireza, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Vitolla, Filippo, LUM Jean Monnet University, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.