Calls for papers
International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control
Special Issue on: "New Trends on Particle Swarm Optimisation"
Dr. Zhihua Cui and Professor Jianchao Zeng, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
Professor Guoji Sun, Jiaotong University, China
Particle swarm optimisation (PSO) is a new swarm intelligent modelling algorithm proposed by J.Kennedy and R.C.Eberhart since 1995. It simulates animal collective behaviours such as bird flocking and fish schooling. Due to its simple concepts, fast convergent speed, and easy implementation, PSO has been widely applied in many research areas and real-world engineering fields, such as task assignment and scheduling, reactive power and voltage control etc.
The objective of this special issue is to bring researchers from academia and industry together to report and review the latest progresses in this field, and to explore future directions.Subject Coverage
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical advances in particle swarm optimisation methodology
- Particle swarm optimisation for complex constrained optimization problems
- Particle swarm optimisation for multi-objective optimisation problems
- Particle swarm optimisation for dynamic environment optimisation
- Hybrid methods combined with other optimisation techniques
- Learning and search strategies in particle swarm optimisation
- Applications of particle swarm optimisation, such as bioinformatics and cheminformatics, computational biology, etc.
- Future direction on particle swarm optimisation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission: 1 September, 2008