Calls for papers
International Journal of Materials and Product Technology
Special Issue on: "Coatings and Surface Treatments for Metals as Enablers of System Performance"
Guest Editors: Dr. Mónica Preciado, Dr. Pedro Miguel Bravo Díez and Dr. Jesús Manuel Alegre, Universidad de Burgos, Spain
Nowadays, the design and the manufacture of improved products that have a competitive edge in the global market is crucial. It is important to be able to produce surfaces that do not wear easily, are more resistant to tarnishing and corrosion, and retain their properties over long periods of time.
This special issue will cover recent major advances in the research of coatings and surface treatments for metals, with special emphasis on the emerging technologies with a diversity of applications, and also on more engineering-oriented articles which should include developments of coating deposition equipment and cost/benefit analysis for specific types of coatings. Relevant articles covering these topics are invited to expand the knowledge in this field.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
- Characterization of coatings and modified surfaces, which includes the determination of composition, structure, adhesion and internal stresses.
- The application of coatings and modified surfaces to alter the mechanical, chemical or optical properties of materials.
- Design of multifunctional nanostructured and nanocomposite coatings and thin films.
- Development of equipment (including production systems) for the deposition of certain type of coatings.
- Complex carbide, oxide, nitride or multilayer structures for mechanical applications.
- Transfer of laboratory-developed coating technology into manufacturing processes and equipment development.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission: 31 January 2008