Calls for papers
International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management
Special Issue on: "Learning Environments in Health Sciences"
Guest Editor: Dr. Athina Lazakidou, University of Piraeus, Greece
This special issue will focus on the wide spectrum of all relevant issues and provide a holistic examination of the current status and future trends in learning environments in health sciences, and will bring together informatics experts, practitioners and designers from a wide range of domains including engineering, health services, usability, biomedical engineering, simulation, artificial intelligence, human-computer interaction.
It will provide an overview of learning research from the fields of cognitive science, education, psychology and neuroscience, and how this information can be applied to develop learning environments for the health sciences using current and emerging technologies.
The focus will be on the process of applying learning theory and pedagogy to produce targeted learning environments for populations in the health sciences, which may include health professionals, technicians/staff, the general public or patients. Readers of this issue will have the opportunity to obtain knowledge and resources to begin designing learning environments that are based on scientific, instructional, and technological research findings.Subject Coverage
Authors are requested to submit manuscripts including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Distributed/interactive/virtual learning environments in health care (for patient education, for medical students or healthcare professionals)
- E-learning medical applications, products and services
- Simulation and learning environments in health care
- Fundamentals of human-computer interaction (HCI) in e-learning in medicine
- Applications of medical virtual environments
- E-learning standards, open tools and platforms for personalized learning
- Adaptive and intelligent learning environments in health care
- Collaborative virtual environments in health care
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission of full paper: 15 July 2007
Final acceptance/rejection notification: 15 August 2007
Deadline for submitting revised manuscripts: 15 September 2007