Calls for papers
International Journal of Technology Management
Special Issue on: "The Interface of Strategy, Innovation, and Growth – Organisational Behaviour in Technology-Oriented Ventures and SMEs"
Guest Editors: Dr. Andreas Kuckertz, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany and Dr. Marko Kohtamäki, University of Vaasa, Finland
Technology oriented ventures and successful small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) are usually considered to be important actors in every economy worldwide. However, while the majority of research focusing on such ventures and SMEs aims at explaining the emergence of new organisations and the attainment of lasting competitive advantages in established SMEs, less attention has been paid to factors influencing the growth of such technology-oriented organisations in the long run. Continuous innovation and superior strategic position-ing most certainly play a major role to explain this phenomenon.
This special issue aims at providing a forum for the discussion of the above mentioned topics. We invite papers with different theoretical concepts and methods, in order to assemble a rich, vibrant and multi-faceted special issue, bringing together diverse perspectives. Theoretical contributions will be considered as well as empirical papers. We particularly welcome case research, theory-building qualitative research, and theory-testing quantitative research approaches.Subject Coverage
Possible papers suitable for this special issue of IJTM address for instance (but are not limited to) the subsequent topics.
- Organisational behaviour of growing technology oriented ventures and SMEs
- The role of internal champions in technology oriented ventures and SMEs
- Methods of aligning exploitative and explorative tasks in growing technology oriented ventures and SMEs (ambidextrous management)
- The role of strategic alliances in explaining organisational growth in technology oriented ventures and SMEs
- The role of resource-based strategies and resource complementarity in explaining external organisational growth in technology oriented ventures and SMEs
- Strategy processes in technology oriented ventures
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 1 November 2007
Notification of acceptance/rejection to authors: 1 January 2008
Submission of final manuscript: 1 March 2008