Calls for papers
International Journal of Materials and Product Technology
Special Issue on: "New Materials and Technologies"
Dr. Zhehui Liu, Rolla, MO, USA
Dr. Yanwen Wang, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA
Prof. Dr. Jinlong Yang, Tsinghua University, P. R. China
Ceramics, glasses, metals and polymers constitute a major portion of materials nowadays used in various areas. This special issue will cover recent major advances in these materials. Emphasis will be given to structural and functional materials, novel processing methods, and new techniques for material characterisations. Moreover, with the advent of nanoscience and nanotechnology, nanostructured materials have drawn significant attention to their potential applications, and thus will be included in this issue.
Papers addressing and/or relating to any of the subject coverage areas are welcome.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- High performance materials
- Functional materials
- Structural materials
- Nanostructured materials and nanocomposites
- Porous materials and membranes
- Blends, alloys and composites
- High temperature coatings
- Functional materials for devices such as sensors, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), fuel cells, batteries
- Deformation and fracture
- Interface and surface modification
- Bulk metallic glasses
- Phase transformations and equilibria
- Innovative processing and fabrication methods, such as using laser, plasma, etc.
- Innovative characterisation techniques
- Relationships among processing, microstructure, properties and performance
- Modelling of all aspects related to materials: structure-property relationships, atomistic approaches, microstructural modelling, finite element methods (FEM), etc.
- Interactions between materials, design and manufacturing, and other aspects of product technology
- Finishing materials, corrosion and protection technology
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Manuscript must be submitted by: 30 September 2007