Calls for papers
International Journal of Management in Education
Special Issue on: “Exploiting Information and Communication Technologies for Effective Management of Education: Towards Interactive Managerial and Leadership Styles in Schools”
Guest Editors: Miltiadis Lytras, University of Patras, Greece and Maria Mantziou, Hellenic Open University, Greece
In the last decade, enormous effort has been put into the adoption of information and communication technologies in schools. Most of these efforts seem to concentrate on the development and diffusion of learning content which, through the support on ICTs, seems to promote more effective learning and to accomplish several collaborative, constructivist pedagogical models.
On the other hand, the management of education and educational policies on the adoption of ICTs in education are just as critical for the promotion of a new era of education worldwide.
Given the significance of the management of education as a critical enabler of the success of all the technology-enhanced learning initiatives, three significant objectives formulate the justification of the special issue:
- The need to investigate how ICTs affect the managerial styles in Education, enable new management models and enhance the development and support of the educational community
- The need to provide state of the art approaches and to disseminate high quality knowledge for the practical implications of ICTs for the management of education
- The need to exploit new trends in ICTs, such as open source, knowledge management, mobile and wireless applications, Semantic Web, social software, etc.
The special issue aims at helping in communicating and disseminating the vision of management of education through specific priorities and actions for educational policies (e.g. life long training of managers of education, career planning, formation of educational committees etc.). This is intended to initiate a dialogue between the various stakeholders in the education domain.Subject Coverage
Topic include but are not limited to:
- Nation-wide/international projects on the deployment of ICTs for the support of management of education in schools
- New managerial models for education
- Collaborative and constructive approaches to management of education through the involvement of ICTs
- The role of communities of practice for effective management of education
- Knowledge networks in the education domain
- Competencies management for effective education management
- National/international surveys on characteristics of managers of education
- Demonstration of ICTs: best practice, case studies, lessons learned
- Roadmaps for government actions
- ICTs for special care groups’ education management
- R&D projects on key aspects of management of education
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission of abstracts: 30 September 2006
Submission of manusctripts: 30 November 2006
Notification to authors: 13 January 2007
Final versions due by: 15 March 2007
Contributors are kindly requested to contact Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras, below, at an early stage aiming to confirm the suitability of their contribution to the special issue.