Calls for papers
International Journal of Service and Computing Oriented Manufacturing
Special Issue on: "Artificial Intelligence for Manufacturing and Engineering"
Dr. Zengchang Qin and Dr. Fei Tao, Beihang University, China
Artificial intelligence has revolutionised information technology. The new economy of information technology has shaped the way we are living. This special issue aims to cover the different aspects of manufacturing using artificial intelligence technology, including machine learning, data mining, computer vision, multi-agent systems, evolutionary computation and fuzzy logic.
The topics span a wider range of artificial intelligence (AI) disciplines, from knowledge representation to knowledge support systems. They identify a fertile area not only for applying AI to contemporary issues of design and manufacturing systems but also for enriching the methodology for developing AI systems in manufacturing enterprises. Indeed, we believe that numerous successful applications in the industrial sectors highlight a future direction for productive AI applications in industry.
Review papers as well as full research papers are welcome.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Neural network algorithms for design and manufacturing
- Computer vision for design and manufacturing
- Evolutionary algorithms for design and manufacturing
- Swarm-based algorithms for design and manufacturing
- Pattern recognition for manufacturing
- Image processing and analysis for manufacturing
- Natural language processing-aided manufacturing
- Ant colony optimisation algorithms for design and manufacturing
- Multi-agent systems for design and manufacturing
- Machine learning for design and manufacturing
- Applications of AI in mechanical engineering
- Applications of AI in industrial engineering
- Applications of AI in product platforms
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Manuscripts due by: 25 October, 2012
Notification to authors: 25 December, 2012
Final versions due by: 25 February, 2013