Calls for papers
International Journal of Nano and Biomaterials
Special Issue on: "Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics"
Prof. Feng Liu and Prof. Wen Zhang, Wuhan University, China
Currently, a great amount of data are being generated which range from gene expression and micro RNA array data through to next generation sequence data. Data interpretation draws on mathematical and computational skills and thus the subject has engaged the interest of researchers in areas such mathematics, bioinformatics and computer science.
This cross-disciplinary special issue aims to bring together top researchers, practitioners and students from all over the world to explore and present innovative machine learning and pattern recognition approaches to solve realistic problems in bioinformatics and biomedicine.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Microarray gene expression data analysis
- Protein structure and function prediction
- Molecular interaction and regulation network inference
- Immunoinformatics and cheminformatics
- High throughput sequencing data analysis
- Text mining in biomedical literatures
- Algorithms in molecular modelling
- Biological databases, integration and visualisation
- New machine learning methods for bioinformatics
- Genome-wide association studies
- Biomarker discovery
- Gene network analysis
- Tools and algorithms in bioinformatics
- Other related topics
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Full paper deadline: 25 July, 2012
Acceptance notification: 15 September, 2012
Final revised submission: 10 October, 2012