Calls for papers
International Journal of Information Systems and Management
Special Issue on: "Business Communications in the Changing IT Environment"
Dr. Dong H. Lee, Manhattan College, USA
Dr. Kyungsub S. Choi, Rhode Island College, USA
A tidal wave of new information technologies such as the smartphones, tablet PCs, and other mobile technologies has ushered in fundamental changes in many areas of society and the business community. The new communications platforms offer opportunities as well as uncertainties both to the IT designers and business professionals. Social media communications, personalized messages, teleconferencing, on-line supply chains of corporations, digital wallet, and adoption of ever-evolving mobile communication devices are constantly shaping and reshaping the business model in contemporary E-Commerce. Communications in business are at the forefront of this changing IT environment, undergoing the most significant changes. In the face of the huge potential as well as risks in business communications engendered by this changing IT environment, our knowledge is still in an incipient stage - how this fast changing IT environment is affecting many areas of business, how to harness these changes to enhance the efficiency of business communications, what are the potential dangers and pitfalls, and how to avoid them.
In this special issue, we would like to include papers dealing with the above themes from unique and different perspectives from a wide range of business disciplines. We invite researchers in all disciplines of business, including information systems, marketing, management, finance, economics, accounting, history, and law, to submit their up-to-date, cutting-edge research fitting in this exciting topic. Empirical, conceptual, and theoretical works are welcome. Thoughtful review articles and case studies that bring important practical knowledge and insights in the following areas are equally welcome.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Perspectives and insights into the business communications affected by social media and mobile communication devices
- A thoughtful review of business communications under different IT environments of modern business
- Benefits and pitfalls of social media and/or mobile technology in business communications
- Psychological and behavioral considerations in the use of social media and/or mobile technology in marketing and other business practices
- Distinctive managerial practices or behavioral understanding involving social media communication and mobile devices
- Efficacy of social media and mobile technology in marketing and/or inter-organizational communications
- Economic impact of social media and/or mobile technology on marketing and other business practices
- Current and future practices in business-to-business communications based on social media and/or mobile technology
- Current and future practices in communications to and from consumers based on social media and/or mobile technology
- Current and future practices in sales management based on social media and/or new mobile technology
- Current and future practices of use of a new communication platform in various areas of business
- Considerations of group dynamics of using social media and mobile technology in communications in business settings
- Impact of the Internet on business communications
- Maximization of the synergy between social media and mobile technology in various areas of business
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Submission deadline: 31 October, 2012