Calls for papers
International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education
Special Issue on: "PhD Education in Information and Operations Management and Related Areas"
Dr. Harm-Jan Steenhuis, Eastern Washington University, USA
The literature on education in the field of information and operations management focuses mostly on undergraduate education and only a little on master’s degrees. There is limited research published on educating students at PhD level.
This special issue is oriented towards the education and supervision of PhD students. Its goal is to increase our understanding of the PhD education process and to gain insight into what works and what doesn’t or needs improvement from the educational perspective.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- PhD educational processes in information and operations management and related fields
- Approaches by instructors/supervisors, potentially combined with results
- PhD programme approaches and how they were developed, potentially combined with results
- Insights into PhD education results, i.e. success and how it is defined
- Insights into PhD programme entry requirements and the relationship with outcomes (graduation rates)
- Research on specific problems encountered during PhD supervision (e.g. limited conceptual abilities of PhD students) and possible approaches for improvement
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission deadline: 1 October, 2012
First round decisions: 1 December, 2012
Second round revision due: 1 February, 2013
Final decisions: 1 March, 2013