Calls for papers
International Journal of Powertrains
Special issue on: "Engine System Design and Powertrain Integration"
Dr. Qianfan (Harry) Xin, Navistar, Inc., USA
Modern emission and fuel economy regulations and increasing customer demands require more integrated engine/powertrain system design approaches to handle product optimisation, among different attributes (e.g. emissions, fuel consumption, NVH, power density, transient response, acceleration performance, alternative fuels capability, thermo-mechanical durability, wear, packaging and cost) and subsystems/components.
This special issue aims to address theories and applications in the field of on-road or off-road engines/powertrains.Subject Coverage
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- System durability/reliability prediction or analysis of engines and vehicles
- Engine-vehicle integration and system integration processes
- Diesel engines after treatment and vehicle integration with focus on system-level modelling
- Powertrain cooling in system integration
- Diesel engine air system design and analysis (e.g. turbocharging, EGR systems, valvetrain and manifolds)
- Engine/powertrain controls with focus on analytical engine controller design or virtual sensors/sensing
- Diesel engine/powertrain transient performance and calibration with focus on engine air system controls and OBD, or steady-state and transient calibrations
- Engine/powertrain system NVH
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission deadline: 15 June, 2012 (extended)
Completion of first review: 30 June, 2012 (tentative)
Submission of revised paper: 31 July, 2012 (tentative)
Completion of final review: 30 September, 2012 (tentative)
Final manuscript submission: 31 October, 2012 (tentative)