Calls for papers
International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications
Special issue on: "Emerging Trends in Control and Automation"
Prof. Wai Chi Fang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Prof. Tai-hoon Kim, Hannam University, Korea
Prof. Carlos Ramos, ISEP/IPP, Portugal
Prof. Sabah Mohammed, Lakehead University, Canada
Prof. Osvaldo Gervasi, University of Perugia, Italy
Prof. Adrian Stoica, NASA JPL, USA
This special issue aims to present recent progress, ideas, problems and solutions relating to the multifaceted aspects of control and automation. It is intended for academics, practitioners, scientists and engineers involved in the area of control engineering as well as those working in industrial automation.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2011 International Conference on Control and Automation (Jeju Island, Korea; see http://www.sersc.org/CA2011/), but we also strongly encourage researchers who did not participate in the conference to submit papers for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to the following. Excellent surveying works in these areas are also welcome.
- Adaptive and learning control system
- Advanced technologies (i.e. MEMS and nano-electronic devices)
- Communication theory and information theory
- Control theory and applications
- Manufacturing systems and automation
- Modulation, coding and channel analysis
- Networks design, network protocols and network management
- Parallel/distributed computing and grid computing
- Power engineering and power systems
- Process control, monitoring, design and optimization, automation
- Sensors and signal processing
- Software engineering
- Biological/biomedical systems and control
- Wireless/mobile communications and technologies
- Mechatronic and micromechatronic systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission deadline: 7 June 2013 (extended)