Calls for papers
International Journal of Organisational Design and Engineering
Special Issue on: "Organisational Sustainable Development and Accountability"
Guest Editors: Zoe Wong and Lorne Cummings, Macquarie University, Australia
Sustainable development has evolved into one of the most important strategic issues facing organisations worldwide. Incorporating principles of sustainable development within organisational policies and processes is a critical factor in addressing global environmental problems. Sustainable development projects and sustainable business markets are forecasted to double during the period 2010 to 2014 whilst business expenditure on sustainability projects is estimated to reach $US 60 billion in the United States over this same period (Verdantix, 2010). Over the period 2009 to 2014, the compound annual growth rate in business spending on sustainability projects will be approximately 19% across all OECD countries. The ongoing industrialization and urbanisation of both the developed and developing world, and the environmental, social and economic impacts that ensue, have led to a greater awareness of the need to re-engineer organisational policies processes and systems in order to facilitate sustainable development.
The aims of this special issue are to explore sustainable development as it relates to organisation design and engineering, current trends and associated issues.Subject Coverage
Within the scope of the special issue, papers, including industry case studies, on the following topics are encouraged, but not limited to:
- Organisational, corporate governance, policy and leadership issues arising from sustainable development
- The role of sustainable development in technology innovation and adoption
- The role of sustainable development in overall organisational and enterprise information systems design
- Improving quality control and risk management through sustainability mechanisms
- Business process re-engineering incorporating sustainable development
- Use of sustainable development concepts in project management and organisational restructure
- Accountability, measurement, performance and reporting of sustainability issues
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Paper Submission: 5 May, 2012 (extended)