Calls for papers
International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems
Special Issue on: "Smart Media Technology"
Prof. Son T. Vuong, University of British Columbia, Canada
Dr. Xingang Liu, Yonsei University, South Korea
Prof. Min Chen, Seoul National University, South Korea
Today, with rapid developments in electronics industry and the amazing growth of potential customers, media are increasingly ubiquitous: an increasing number of people live in a world of Internet pop-ups and streaming television, mobile phone texting and video clips, MP3 players and pod-casting. These ubiquitous media creates our consumer and brand environment and have been contributing extensively to our life experience, especially applications in mobile and other embedded devices. Therefore, the media, embedded and especially their emergence technologies, have become state-of-the-art research topics and are expected to play important roles of human life in the future.
The objective of the Special Issue is to bring together state-of-art research contributions, tutorials, and position papers that address the broad challenges of integrating ubiquitous media technologies into everyday objects, devices and activities with ubiquitous computing and embedded systems. Original papers describing completed and unpublished work not currently under review by any other journal/magazine/conference/special issue are solicited.Subject Coverage
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following scope:
- Media modelling, simulation and design
- Video and audio signal processing, communication, services and applications
- Network architecture, protocols and management for smart media
- QoS, performance measurement and evaluation
- Ubiquitous media security: authentication, privacy, trust, and encryption
- Multimedia standards and specifications
- Media development, fusion and application in 3G, sensor networks, IOT (Internet of Things), etc
- Media computing and technologies in embedded systems
- New features, technologies and current challenges in smart media
- Embedded systems: architecture, protocol, applications and specifications
- Multi-core, multi-threading, and virtualization design methods for embedded system
- System-on-chip and network-on-chip design and implementation for mobile systems
- Performance, power, reliability analysis methods for embedded systems
- Embedded hardware/software support and co-design
- Hardware/software debugging technologies and tools
- Embedded systems design for mobile multimedia services: location based services, tracking etc.
- Emerging new trends for embedded systems and design for ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel circuits and architectures for embedded multimedia architectures
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Manuscript submission deadline: 15 April, 2011 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: 1 July, 2011
Submission of final revised paper: 1 September, 2011