Calls for papers
International Journal of Business Performance Management
Special Issue on: "Performance and Efficiency Management of Service Sector Organizations"
Guest Editor: Dr Debaprosanna Nandy, University of North Bengal, India
Private and public institutions need to be assessed regularly. Traditional performance indicators have often been criticized for being inadequate and not conducive to analyzing productivity and efficiency. The proper measurement of organizational performance, productivity and efficiency is therefore an essential part of the reform for the general welfare of all groups in society as well as the nation. Conversely, failure to make performance evaluation and efficiency analysis a standard practice would certainly lead to less than efficient allocation of scarce resources.
By measuring performance and efficiency, it is possible to evaluate the performance of an organization by comparing it with the standard of international best practice. Even for public sector and not-for-profit private sector agencies engaged in the delivery of public services, productivity and efficiency analysis in resource utilization are essential. Provision of public services such as education or healthcare also involves use of valuable resources as inputs to produce the desired results as outputs. In that sense, it is like any other production activity.
This special issue aims to develop and promote an international discussion forum for academicians, professionals and practitioners working and interested in research and practice of productivity, efficiency and performance measurement and management for service sector organizations.
The major aims and objectives of this special issue are to:
- collect and disseminate information relative to productivity, efficiency and performance aspects of service sector organizations;
- promote interdisciplinary flow of technical information among researchers and professionals; and
- serve as a publication medium for various special interest groups in the performance community at large.
This special issue will cover broad areas of performance, productivity and efficiency measurement, management and evaluation systems for service sector organizations, including but not limited to:
- Balanced scorecard (BSC)
- Data envelopment analysis (DEA)
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Factor analysis (FA)
- Financial ratio (FR)
- Free disposal hull (FDH)
- Fuzzy sets theory (FST)
- Game theory (GT)
- Malmquist index (MI)
- Principal component analysis (PCA)
- Regression analysis (RA)
- Six sigma (SS)
- Statistical quality control (SQC)
- Stochastic frontier analysis (SFA)
- Supply chain management (SCM)
- Total productivity management (TPM)
- Total quality management (TQM)
- Primary education
- Government organizations and departments
- Government projects
- Non-governmental oganizations
- Any other service sector organizations
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 31 March, 2011
Communication of peer review to authors: 31 May, 2011
Deadline for final manuscripts: 30 June, 2011