Calls for papers
International Journal of Foresight and Innovation Policy
Special Issue on: "Foresight and New Trajectories"
Guest Editor: Dr. Kerstin Cuhls, Fraunhofer ISI, Germany
The aim of this special issue is to discuss and present examples of foresight or forward-looking activities as a concept that does not remain theoretical but is able to change trajectories towards the future in reality. The papers will present some examples of this. In addition, the theoretical and practical limits of changing existing paths towards or into the future will be highlighted. Questions the issue will seek to address include:
- In what areas is foresight able to contribute?
- What are those contributions?
- What and where are the limits?
- How to overcome trajectories that are fixed and stabilised so that it is difficult to intervene, despite the identification of new necessities derived from foresight processes?
Contributors to and readers of the special issues will be decision-makers in industry, in public and private research organisations, in government and also NGOs.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- New trajectories towards the future
- Foresight contributions in real life
- Foresight and forward-looking activities
- "Hot to change the world"
- BMBF foresight process
- Future Radar 2030 Demographic Change
- Foresight implementation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission of first draft: 15 October, 2010 (extended)
Deadline for reviews: 30 November, 2010
Deadline for final paper: 31 January, 2011