Calls for papers
International Journal of Services Technology and Management
Special Issue on: "Technology and Model Applications in Tourism Management"
Guest Editor: Dr. Cheng Li, Sichuan University, P.R. China
Technology and model applications play an increasing role in contributing to the development of tourism research. Effective technology and models are desired in all sectors to resolve multi-stage, multi-player, and multi-objective tourism management problems.
Due to the multidisciplinary nature of tourism management, this special issue’s strategies are to invite and encourage techniques and models from various disciplines that include ecology, environment, informatics, economics, management, psychology, and sociology to resolve tourism management issues. The special issue aims to establish an effective channel of communication between decision makers and academics, and thus to expand frontiers of knowledge in and contribute to the literature on tourism management and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
This special issue will be international in scope and authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied articles addressing the theme of the special issue.Subject Coverage
Topics of papers to be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Application of environmental and ecological techniques in tourism management
- Eco-design and eco-efficiency in tourism management
- Evaluation methodology of tourism resources (nature or culture resources )
- Evaluation methodology of tourism service quality
- Evaluation methodology of destination competitiveness
- Interest equilibrium method of multi-stakeholders in tourism management
- Econometrics modelling and analysis in tourism economy
- Risk decision making in tourism management
- Emergency tourism management
- Application of mathematical and statistical techniques in tourism management
- Application of information technology in tourism management
- E-services in tourism management
- Conflict models for tourism and heterogeneous industry
- Strategy and operation and innovation in tourism management
- Tourism value chain and operational research
- Other issues related technology and model applications of ecology, environment, informatics, economics, management, psychology, and sociology approaches to resolving tourism management issues.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 1 December, 2008
Notification of acceptance/rejection to authors: 1 February 2009
Final acceptance of manuscript: 30 March 2009