- Agents and the semantic Web
- Databases on the Web
- E-crime, e-government, e-business, e-community, e-science
- E-learning; the Web as an educational tool
- Hypertext/hypermedia, virtual reality
- Languages on the Web
- Mobile and pervasive computing
- Network infrastructures, user interfaces, performance, scalability
- Searching, indexing, classification, retrieval, querying, data mining
- Social networking
- Security, trust, privacy
- The law and the Web, Web standards
- The Web in the developing world
- Web art/engineering/services, service-oriented computing
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJWS are to present and stimulate the advances of new theories, the future development of new models, new methodologies and new tools for building a variety of embodiments of web-based systems and applications. The journal also aims to establish an effective channel of communication between decision makers, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the academic research and practical deployment of web science. IJWS provides a high-quality platform for this purpose.Readership
IJWS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the fields of web theories, services, applications, standards and tools to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJWS is devoted to the publication of high quality papers on theoretical developments and practical applications in web science. Original research papers, state-of-the-art reviews and technical notes are invited for publication. Special attention will be given to papers focusing on new advances in web theories and technologies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in web science and technologies will occasionally be published.
IJWS is indexed in:
IJWS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Yang, Yuhang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Ma, Maode, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Zhu, Rongbo, South-Central University for Nationalities, China
- Aversa, Rocco, Second University of Naples, Italy
- Kongdenfha, Woralak, Naresuan University, Thailand
- Ma, Huiye, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Senkul, Pinar, Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey
- Verma, K.D., Shri Varshney College of Post Graduate Studies and Research, India
Editorial Board Members
- Aarts, Emile, Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Brogi, Antonio, University of Pisa, Italy
- Cai, Xing, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
- D'Mello, Demian Antony, St. Joseph Engineering College, India
- Fang, Yi, Santa Clara University, USA
- Ferscha, Alois, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria
- Han, Song, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Houben, Geert-Jan, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Huang, Chun-Che, National Chi Nan University, Taiwan
- Juric, Matjaz B., University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Kim, Haklae, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Republic of Korea
- Lee, Kyong-Ho, Yonsei University, Republic of Korea
- Liu, Xumin, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Malik, Zaki, Wayne State University, USA
- Malki, Mimoun, Djillali Liabes University of Sidi Bel-Abbes, Algeria
- Mcheick, Hamid, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
- Medjahed, Brahim, University of Michigan - Dearborn, USA
- Ravi, V., Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), India
- Simperl, Elena, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Stefanov, Krassen, Sofia University “St. Kl. Ohridski”, Bulgaria
- Upadhyay, Nitin, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS-PILANI), India
- Vaculin, Roman, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
- Yu, Qi, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Zhao, Wenbing, Cleveland State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.