- Information and differential entropy
- Channel capacity, input-constrained channels
- Codes construction/existence/analysis
- Bounds for codes/designs
- Decoding algorithms
- Network coding and lattice theory
- Algebraic combinatorics
- Boolean functions and related topics in codes and cryptography
- Computational complexity
- Communication combinatorial problems
- Applications of discrete mathematics
- Interactions between coding and theoretical computer science.
More on this journal...
The missions of IJICoT are to improve international research on topical areas by publishing high-quality articles, and to expose the readers to the recent advances in these areas.Readership
- Professors and graduate students in mathematics, telecommunications, computer science, and electrical engineering
- Coding theorists, telecommunication researchers, engineers and managers
- General participants in networking and multimedia technologies
Information theory and its important sub-field, coding theory, play central roles in theoretical computer science and discrete mathematics. As coding theory occupies an important position within the field of information theory, the focus of IJICoT is on publishing state-of-the-art research articles relating to it.
However, articles discussing other issues within information theory are also of interest to this journal. Progress in this area is mostly based on algebraic, combinatorial or probabilistic approaches. IJICoT serves as a medium to report, exchange, and discuss work-in-progress, experience, trend-setting ideas on constructions/existence, limitations/non-existence, efficient algorithms for encoding/decoding codes, and scientific knowledge that make use of coding-theory methods.
In addition, practical contributions of the aforementioned theoretical approaches, such as applications to cryptography, network coding, network security, computational complexity theory, communication networks, as well as applications to other areas of mathematics and computer science, are included.
IJICoT is indexed in:
IJICoT is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Mesnager, Sihem, University of Paris VIII, France
- Cohen, Gérard, Telecom ParisTech, France
- Dumer, Ilya, University of California, USA
- Gaborit, Philippe, University of Limoges, France
- Høholdt, Tom, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Kashyap, Navin, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Oggier, Frederique, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Parker, Matthew Geoffrey, University of Bergen, Norway
Editorial Board Members
- Augot, Daniel, National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control and École Polytechnique, France
- Barg, Alexander, University of Maryland, USA
- Blake, Ian, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Carlet, Claude, University of Paris 8, France
- Cheraghchi, Mahdi, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Ding, Cunsheng, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China
- Etzion, Tuvi, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Greferath, Marcus, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Helleseth, Tor, University of Bergen, Norway
- Kuijper, Margreta, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Kyureghyan, Gohar, Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg, Germany
- Langberg, Michael, State University of New York at Buffalo and Open University of Israel, USA
- Lauter, Kristin, Microsoft Research, USA
- Mazumdar, Arya, University of Minnesota, USA
- McGuire, Gary, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Panario, Daniel, Carleton University, Canada
- Pott, Alexander, Otto-von-Guericke University of Magdeburg, Germany
- Rosenthal, Joachim, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Schmidt, Kai-Uwe, Otto-von-Guericke University of Magdeburg, Germany
- Schwartz, Moshe, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Solé, Patrick, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia and Telecom Paris Tech, France
- Tchamkerten, Aslan, Telecom ParisTech, France
- Vardy, Alexander, University of California San Diego, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.