- Creation, diffusion and adoption of financial innovation
- Financial innovation models and drivers
- Banking business models and new value chains
- Process and product management
- E-banking business models and practices
- E-banking applications/portals/benchmarking and case studies
- IT government/strategy/security and control
- Outsourcing/process modelling and business process reengineering
- Retail and wholesale banking services and instruments
- Phone banking, mobile banking and trading online
- Payment systems and payment instruments
- Credit scoring and credit rating
- Risk transfer financial instruments
- Derivatives and structured products
- New financial instruments
More on this journal...
The objective of IJFIB is to establish an effective channel for the discussion and exchange of ideas between researchers, academics, research institutions and professionals involved in research on financial innovation with reference to all types of banks (commercial, investment, mortgage, retail, wholesale and central banks). IJFIB aims to promote developments in the field of financial innovation, with particular reference to the development of incremental improvements to existing financial products/services/processes, and to the creation, diffusion and adoption of radical innovations in banking products/services and processes. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and promote the discipline.Readership
IJFIB provides a specialised forum for researchers, academics, research institutions and professionals working in the field of banking and finance, innovation management and technology management, through which to disseminate ideas, to collaborate and cooperate, and to encourage research from a financial innovation perspective.
IJFIB publishes original theoretical and empirical papers, review papers, surveys, case studies and book reviews. In particular, IJFIB publishes original research papers that advance our understanding of financial innovation in banking. Special issues devoted to important topics in financial innovation will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJFIB is indexed in:
IJFIB is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Scannella, Enzo, University of Palermo, Italy
- De Bondt, Werner, DePaul University, USA
- Okura, Mahito, Doshisha Women's College of Liberal Arts, Japan
- Tutino, Franco, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
- Vallelado, Eleuterio, University of Valladolid, Spain
- Vento, Gianfranco, Regent’s University London, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Birindelli, Giuliana, The Gabriele d'Annunzio University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy
- Chincarini, Ludwig, University of San Francisco, USA
- De Andrés Alonso, Pablo, Autonoma University of Madrid, Spain
- Fernández López, Pablo, University of Navarra - IESE Business School, Spain
- Florysiak, David, Munich School of Management, Germany
- Fuentelsaz, Lucio, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Geske, Robert, University of California, USA
- Kozarevic, Safet, University of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Longstaff, Francis, University of California, USA
- Marsh, Ian, City University London, UK
- McKeon, Ryan, University of San Diego, USA
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K., University of Massachusetts, USA
- Panetta, Ida, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
- Porretta, Pasqualina, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
- Roberts, Michael R., University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Schiltz, Jang, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Shaked, Israel, Boston University, USA
- Smith, Donald, Boston University, USA
- Tan, Margaret, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Tutino, Marco, Roma Tre University, Italy
- Witman, Paul D., California Lutheran University, USA
- Zhang, Wei, Beijing Technology and Business University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.