| Editor in Chief: Prof. Hamid Jahankhani |
ISSN online: 1751-9128
ISSN print: 1751-911X
4 issues per year
IJESDF aims to establish dialogue in an ideal and unique setting for researchers and practitioners to have a knowledge resource, report and publish scholarly articles and engage in debate on various security-related issues, new developments and latest proven methodologies in the field of electronic security and digital forensics. This includes the measures governments must take to protect the security of information on the Internet, the implications of cyber-crime in large corporations and for individuals, vulnerability research, zero day attacks, digital forensic investigation, ethical hacking, anti-forensics, identity fraud, phishing, pharming, relevant case studies, and "best practice" for tackling cyber crime.
- Electronic security, information security systems, systems and network security
- Vulnerability research, ethical hacking, zero day attack, attack pattern recognition
- Computational immunology, authentication authorisations
- Security in mobile platforms, mobile agents/artificial intelligence
- Security: security policies/procedures, strategic approaches, requirements engineering
- Identity: theft, management systems, access management systems
- Open source intelligence, criminal data mining/network analysis/intelligence
- Phishing/pharming/spearphishing, cyber war, cybercrime detection/analysis
- Digital cities, GSM-solicited crime
- Computer/mobile device/network/software forensics, anti-forensics
- Digital forensics tools/techniques/standardisation, testing/approvals for forensic tools
- Crime scene/search and seizure processes, criminal investigation of mobile devices
- Investigative techniques, judicial processes, legal/ethical issues, cyber crime legislations
- Digital and physical surveillance, digital image manipulation
- Cryptographic algorithms/protocols, steganography, hidden data
More on this journal...
The widespread use of information and communications technology (ICT) has created a global platform for the exchange of ideas, goods and services; the benefits of which are enormous. However, it has also created boundless opportunities for fraud and deception. Cyber-crime is one of the biggest growth industry around the globe, whether it be in the form of violation of company policies, fraud, hate crime, extremism, child pornography, or terrorism. It is therefore paramount that the security industry raises its game to combat these threats. This is an issue of global importance as researchers, government officials, company executives and law enforcement agencies all over the world are struggling to cope.
Advancement in the field of information security and digital forensics are expected to continue increasing during the foreseeable future and the IJESDF is designed to meet the demand for researchers to publish high quality peer reviewed publications. The requirements of industry are varied, challenging and continually changing, with cyber security at the forefront of the knowledge explosion. Articles will focus on research and development, practical knowledge and they present an unbiased review, useful information and techniques.
The intended audience will include members in academia, public and private sector, students and those who are interested in and will benefit from electronic security and digital forensics. In addition the new journal will become a forum for building a community that will engage in dialogue and gain knowledge from each other.Contents
IJESDF publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in electronic security and digital forensics will occasionally be published.
IJESDF is indexed in:
IJESDF is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Jahankhani, Hamid, GSM London - Greenwich School of Management, UK
- Watson, David Lilburn, Watson Business Solutions Ltd., UK
Editorial Board Members
- Blyth, Andrew, University of Glamorgan, UK
- Cano, Jeimy J., Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
- Dastbaz, Mohammad, University of East London, UK
- Dzemydiene, Dale, Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Flechais, Ivan, Oxford University, UK
- Gemikonakli, Orhan, Middlesex University, UK
- George, Carlisle, Middlesex University, UK
- Gomez, Antonio Mana, University of Malaga, Spain
- Hessami, Ali, Vega Systems, UK
- Hsu, Feng, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, USA
- Jahankhani, Hossein, University of East London, UK
- Jurjens, Jan, Fraunhofer Institute for Software and Systems Engineering (ISST) and TU Dortmund, Germany
- Justickis, Viktoras, Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- McEachen II, John C., Naval Postgraduate School, USA
- Me, Gianluigi, Universitŕ degli Studi "Tor Vergata", Italy
- Pattinson, Colin, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Pohlmann, Norbert, University of Applied Sciences Gelsenkirchen, Germany
- Preston, David Seth, University of East London, UK
- Revett, Kenneth, British University in Egypt, Egypt
- Sahandi, Reza, Bournemouth University, UK
- Sanghi, Dheeraj, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Shirvani, Ayoub, Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Tenreiro de Magalhăes, Sérgio, University do Minho and Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Portugal
- Tryfonas, Theodore, University of Bristol, UK
- Watney, Murdoch, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Weiss, Michael, Carleton University, Canada
- Zorkadis, Vasilios, Hellenic Data Protection Authority and Hellenic Open University, Portugal
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.