- Modelling, identification and simulation
- Evaluation and optimisation
- Planning, scheduling and coordination
- Strategy and planning in logistics
- Supply chain network optimisation
- Intelligent transportation system theory and application
- Intelligent distribution systems
- Advanced vehicle routing planning
- Management information systems in logistics
- Technology and equipment for logistics
- Logistics optimisation
- Automatic control with applications in logistics
- Intelligent control and automation
- Process automation
- Nanoscale automation and assembly
More on this journal...
The objective of IJAL is to provide a forum of interaction between researchers and practitioners in the area of automation and logistics. It aims to promote and facilitate the development of logistics systems and automation theory, to disseminate advanced novel knowledge for improving practice in logistics and to improve both the theoretical and practical aspect of automation.Readership
IJAL provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and practitioners working in the field of automation theory and logistics systems to disseminate the latest information and developments and to exchange ideas.Contents
IJAL publishes original, high-quality papers and reviews papers from both academic and practitioner viewpoints. It also occasionally publishes special issues on important topics in automation and logistics.
IJAL is indexed in:
IJAL is listed in:
- Meng, Max, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Editor in Chief
- Gu, Jason, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Chen, Michael Z.Q., University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chen, Ben M., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Cordeau, Jean-François, HEC Montréal, Canada
- De Silva, Clarence, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Heragu, Sunderesh S., Oklahoma State University, USA
- Ratliff, H. Donald, Georgia Tech, USA
- Zaric, Greg, Western University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Bai, Lihui, University of Louisville, USA
- Contreras, Ivan, Concordia University, Canada
- Feng, Yan, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Kumarawadu, Sisil, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Liao, Yuan, University of Kentucky, USA
- Luo, Jun, Shanghai University, China
- Meena, Purushottam Lal, New York Institute of Technology, USA
- Pang, Chee Khiang (Justin), National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Roy, Debjit, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India
- Saunier, Nicolas, Polytechnique Montréal, Canada
- Sheng, Adam Ng Tsan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.