- Remote powering issues with passive RFID tags
- Optimisation of communication protocols for minimising power consumption
- Antenna design and analysis for specific types of RFID tags
- Low cost tag manufacturing techniques
- Test procedures for standardised performance evaluation
- The advantages of both single and multiple frequency protocols including ultra wide band for identification and sensing
- Early identification of potential areas for standardisation
More on this journal...
The primary objective of IJRFITA is to establish a sound scientific basis for the wireless communication and powering of low cost identification and sensing elements that are attached to or embedded in products and items. The reported basic knowledge will provide a sound platform for the advancement of RFID technology to provide the predictability necessary to meet research and industry needs for this technology that connects to the fundamental things of this world. Another objective is to provide the forum for developing the testing procedures for the multiple application scenarios as RFID deployment reaches maturity.Readership
IJRIFTA provides the focal point for academics, researchers and decision makers in the areas of RFID tag/reader research and development as well as a source of sound technical information for all potential users, manufacturers and value added suppliers of RFID equipment. Through a sound academic approach, IJRFITA will be read by researchers and potential manufacturers in industry and academia to provide new and robust technology.Contents
IJRFITA publishes original research papers, survey papers, testing procedures and analytical verification of various electromagnetic models of performance. On some occasions, papers relating to the enterprise RFID deployment will be published when there is a strong connection to the physical tag and reader physical understanding.
More on permissions
IJRFITA is indexed in:
IJRFITA is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Hawrylak, Peter J., University of Tulsa, USA
- Billo, Richard E., Oregon State University, USA
- Buckner, Mark A., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Engels, Daniel W., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Ogirala, Ajay, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Sun, Yuan, Checkpoint Systems Inc., USA
Regional Editor Far-East
- Look, Law Choi, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Regional Editor Korea
- Choi, Inchul, Advanced Digital Chips Inc., Republic of Korea
Regional Editor North and South America
- Porter, J. David, Oregon State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abercrombie, Robert K., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Burghard, Brion, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Cain, James T., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Halliday, Steve, High Tech Aid, USA
- Liu, Xiaoyu, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., USA
- Mickle, Marlin H., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Peng, Han, General Electric Global Research Center, USA
- Sai, Vyasa, Intel Corporation, USA
- Seidman, Seth J., Food and Drug Administration, USA
- Sejdić, Ervin, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Ukkonen, Leena, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Zhu, Rongbo, South-Central University for Nationalities, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.