| Editor in Chief: Prof. James S. Etim|
ISSN online: 2052-0360
ISSN print: 2052-0352
4 issues per year
IJGSDS addresses key issues on gender studies in developing societies, including: the place of women in society; government policies to improve/empower women in developing societies; improvements to women's lives in post-independence developing societies during the last fifty years; the role of donor countries, international organisations and non-governmental agencies in the improvement/empowerment of women in developing societies. The interdisciplinary perspective of the journal acknowledges the complexity of the study of gender issues and encourages a reflective analysis of the human experience.
- Feminist, womanist and gender theories and practices
- Gender and culture
- Gender and development
- Gender and education
- Gender and the workplace
- Gender and health/health policies and rights
- Gender and politics
- Gender and the environment
- Gender, human rights and violence against women
- Women, the stem areas and research
- Globalisation/migration/sex trafficking etc.
- Bodies, popular culture and identities
- Gender equity and masculinity
More on this journal...
The objective of IJGSDS is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of gender and development. It also aims to promote discussion and coordinate the dissemination of information related to gender issues in developing societies. The international dimension is emphasised in order to inform successful practices related to women's empowerment and overcome cultural and national barriers evident in some journals that situate themselves within specific countries and cultures. Readership
IJGSDS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the field of gender/ women’s studies studies to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJGSDS publishes original papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in gender and development in particular regions of developing societies will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJGSDS is indexed in:
IJGSDS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Etim, James S., Winston Salem State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bassey, Magnus, Queens College, CUNY, USA
- James, Valentine Udoh, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Krishnamurthy, Sarala, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia
- Lafont, Suzanne, City University of New York, USA
- Lunga, John, Catholic University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
- Naidu, Maheshvari, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Umolu, Joanne, Open Doors Special Education Centre, Nigeria
- Vadde, Suresh, Mekelle University, Ethiopia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.