| Editor in Chief: Prof. Vincent Duffy |
ISSN online: 2046-3383
ISSN print: 2046-3375
4 issues per year
With the growing use of ICT, use of digital humans is spreading, raising many research questions in disciplines from engineering to design, including computer and medical sciences. It additionally involves an impact on society. IJDH publishes original research in all fields of the digital human such as modelling, simulation, anatomy, physiology visualisation, animation, product/workplace design, biomechanics, biomedical engineering and interaction with humans. It considers application-oriented and theoretical papers, literature reviews, papers on methodology and procedures, and experimental research results.
- Anthropometry, surface/3D anatomy, 4D physiology
- Mathematical modelling/simulation
- Biomechanics and computational modelling
- Virtual product design, testing/evaluation
- Geometric modelling techniques
- Database, data mining, data visualisation
- Modelling 3D human dynamics
- Comfort and fit modelling
- Sizing and grading of product design
- Artificial intelligence and digital humans
- Digital human-human interaction
- Virtual human society
- Digital humans and games
- Digital humans and society
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJDH are to create a platform where researchers, scientist, practitioners and industrialists can communicate, promote and coordinate the developments of digital humans in society. The journal provides a channel for people from multiple disciplines to have a common goal to advance the development of digital human research.Readership
IJDH provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, doctors and industrialists working in the fields of digital humans, product design and evaluation, game design, animation and visualisation to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJDH publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJDH is indexed in:
IJDH is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Duffy, Vincent, Purdue University, USA
- Au, Chi-Kit, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Mochimaru, Masaaki, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Radwoski, Rafael, Iowa State University, USA
- Smith, Gregory C., CE Engineering, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Burke, Maria E., University of Winchester, UK
- Case, Keith, Loughborough University, UK
- Chawla, Anoop, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
- Fan, Yubo, Beihang University, China
- Goonetilleke, Ravindra, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Hanson, Lars, University of Skövde and Scania CV, Sweden
- Högberg, Dan, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Horváth, Imre, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Li, Peng, US Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center, USA
- Li, Yi, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lo, Cheng-Hung, Xian Jiaotong-Liverpool University, China
- Luximon, Ameersing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Luximon, Yan, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Magnenat-Thalmann, Nadia, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Marshall, Russell, Loughborough University, UK
- Martin, Bernard, University of Michigan, USA
- Reed, Matthew P., University of Michigan, USA
- Regazzoni, Daniele, University of Bergamo, Italy
- Smith, Shana, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Taylor, William R., ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Vink, Peter, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Wang, Xuguang, Institut Franaise des Sciences et Technologies des Transports (IFSTTAR), France
- Zhang, Ming, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.