Calls for papers
International Journal of Aerodynamics
Special Issue on: "Aerodynamic Research and Potential Industrial Applications"
Guest Editor: Dr. Mingming Zhang, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Co-Guest Editor: Dr. Shengjin Xu, Tsinghua University, China
As we know, research into aerodynamics has always played a very important role in the whole family of fluid mechanics and significant outcomes have been widely applied in various industry fields. At the same time, however, people also neglect the potential applications of many other outcomes, which may be more important sometime in the future. Therefore, this special issue is mainly targeted at this gap with the following objectives:
- Presenting new ideas, research results, technology integration and validation in all areas of aerodynamics, especially emphasising the potential applications in specific industrial fields.
- Providing an opportunity for both researchers and industry experts to share results and experiences with a view to the future enhancement of capability.
- Evaluating the possibilities and availabilities of applying the resulting research outcomes to specific industrial fields.
This special issue will cover, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Flow-induced vibration and noise
- Vortex shedding and wake
- CFD and numerical simulation techniques
- Flow measurement techniques
- Passive and active control of flow, flow-induced vibration and noise
- Flight dynamics
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Draft papers due: 31 July 2008
Peer reviewed comments returned by: 30 September, 2008
Final papers by: 30 November, 2008
Authors then notified of paper acceptance and receive proofs. The corrected proofs must be returned within 14 days.