Calls for papers
International Journal of Information Technology, Communications and Convergence
Special Issue on: "ICCDC 2019: Special Issue on: "Convergence of Information and Communication Technologies for Next-Generation Networking and Applications"
Prof. Francisco José García Peñalvo , University of Salamanca, Spain
Prof. Gyu Myoung Lee, Reader, Liverpool John Moores University, UK and Adjunct Professor, KAIST Institute for IT Convergence, South Korea
Associate Prof. Chanchal Kumar De and Assistant Prof. Suman Paul, Haldia Institute of Technology, India
This special issue will focus on recent advanced topics related to the convergence of information and communication technologies in the field of next-generation communications and intelligent networking.
Convergence of information technology with emerging networks and tele-communications have changed the way in which these are being integrated into social, industrial and business developments and frameworks. A number of emerging technologies – such as heterogeneous wireless networks, 5G Internet of Things (IoT), cognitive radio networks and data-driven behaviour prediction, mobile communication issues in fog environments, SDN in fog infrastructure, co-operation network for intelligent fog-cloud networking, future internet in ambient intelligence, etc. – have been proposed and developed in communication and in networking. This special issue aims to provide a scholarly forum for researchers in academia and practitioners from a wide range of application areas to enable them to present and share their state-of-the-art research findings in the areas of convergence of information and communication technology in the field of networking and other related areas, and to identify future challenges.
The Guest Editors will be inviting substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2nd International Conference on Communication, Devices and Computing (ICCDC 2019) for review and potential publication, but are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Intelligent sensors, controls for adaptive devices, expert systems in communication and networking
- Self-diagnostics, self-calibration, data acquisition systems in convergence of information and communication technologies
- Architecture, infrastructure, techniques, test-beds for intelligent communication and networking applying soft computing techniques
- Integration of knowledge management system in re-configurable telecommunication networks
- Convergence approaches for smart service systems for users: smart IoT/5G IoT, big data analytics to optimise 5G network performance, cloud computing, fog computing, fog-cloud co-operative networks, 4G LTE
- Future trends of convergence of blockchains and IoT: opportunities, challenges and solutions
- Quality-of-service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE) in multimedia networking, issues related to cross layer and in mobile applications
- Convergence of future internet, next-generation networking, web applications in ambient intelligence
- Ubiquitous information services converged by heterogeneous communication networks (4G, 5G, MIMO-based mobile communication, software define network, self-optimised networks, WiFi WiMAX, RFID, mobile ad-hoc and opportunistic networks, wireless sensor networks) for digital service-enabled next-generation smart cities
- New trends in convergence of security, privacy and trust issues in emerging fields of computing and networking
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editors:
Suman Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org
Francisco José García Peñalvo: email@example.com
Gyu Myoung Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chanchal Kumar De: email@example.com
Manuscripts due by: 29 August, 2019
Notification to authors: 29 October, 2019
Final versions due by: 29 December, 2019