Calls for papers
International Journal of Business and Data Analytics
Special Issue on: "Social Media Analytics for Dynamic and Emerging Contexts"
Prof. Anuja Arora, Jaypee Institue of information Technology, India
Prof. Arpan Kumar Kar and Prof. Vigneswara Ilavarasan Indian Institute of Information Technology Delhi, India
This special issue aims to offer a premier forum for social media researchers and practitioners who are contributing to and interested in linking social media, intelligent techniques, data and computations.
The present digital era has led to a deluge of data in most realms of social media applications. Data is being generated at an exponential rate in different platforms such as social networking sites, micro-blogging sites, professional collaboration sites, video sharing sites, curation sites, knowledge domains, blogging sites and technical collaboration sites. In recent years, efforts have been made to leverage social media content using various statistical or computational techniques.
Businesses and governments use social media to build relationships with their stakeholders. Brands engage with their consumers through social media websites in order to get valuable feedback on products, services and promotion strategies. As a result, there is a need to document emergent research that explores intelligent techniques that capture various useful insights from enormous amounts of user-generated content on social media platforms, thereby contributing to developments either in theory, methodology, applications or in the domain. This special issue aims to present such research.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Social influential factor identification
- Social community detection
- Knowledge mining in social business
- Information propagation and content virality analysis.
- Empirical research into social media
- Decision support systems for social media problems
- Evolutionary computing to solve social media problems
- Big data for social media analytics
- Social media marketing strategies
- Big data analytics for customer insights
- Engagement analysis of user-generated content
- Real-world applications of social media
- Data security and information risk in social media
- Social cloud and analytics
- Deep learning and machine learning algorithms for OSNs
- Computational intelligence in mobile and cloud-based computing for OSNs
- Computational intelligent recommender systems
- Social commerce and its applications
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email Anuja Arora at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscripts due by: 30 September, 2018
Notification to authors: 31 January, 2019
Final versions due by: 7 February, 2019