Calls for papers
International Journal of Export Marketing
Special Issue on: "The Internationalization Opportunities of Central and Eastern European Firms after Brexit and the Entry of Leading Chinese Multinationals into Europe"
Dr. Tiia Vissak and Dr. Dafnis N. Coudounaris, University of Tartu, Estonia
This special issue aims to investigate Central and Eastern European (CEE) firms' internationalization opportunities after Brexit, along with leading Chinese multinationals' recent entry to Europe. Studies on export activities, export barriers and export motives of born globals/international new ventures and other types of internationalizers, and also CEE firms' foreign direct investments, international joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and divestments, are welcome. They can be conceptual or based on quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods. Studies based on data from more than one CEE country are especially welcome.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Business opportunities and impediments arising from Brexit
- Business opportunities and impediments arising from Chinese multinationals' entry to into CEE
- Business opportunities and impediments arising from other changes in CEE firms' economic environment
- CEE firms' export performance
- CEE firms' export motives and barriers
- CEE exporters' de- and re-internationalization (foreign market exits and re-entries)
- Born globals established in CEE
- Other internationalizers established in CEE
- Immigrant and re-migrant entrepreneurship in CEE
- The impact of network relationships on CEE firms' internationalization
- The impact of ownership change on CEE firms' internationalization
- Foreign direct investments by CEE firms
- International joint ventures in CEE
- Mergers and acquisitions in CEE
- Factors causing CEE firms' divestment decisions
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 2 May, 2018