Calls for papers
Journal of Supply Chain Relocation
Special Issue on: "Supply Chain Resilience in the Era of Industry 4.0: Network Design and Relocation Decisions in Emerging Markets"
Dr. Sudhanshu Joshi, Doon University, India
Prof. Jose Arturo Garza-Reyes, University of Derby, UK
Dr. Parag Diwan, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India
Dr. A. Zafer Acar, Piri Reis University, Turkey
In today’s global and vertically integrated supply chains, technological disruptions increase the complexity at both the firm and inter-firm level. Supply chains of the future must be smarter and deliver products and services in a more responsive and efficient manner.
Supply chain resilience has evolved as a strategic tool for leading firms to balance the siltation and maintain a competitive advantage. One fundamental strategic challenge is how global firms from emerging markets may leverage their supply chain to respond to the changing competitive landscape. This involves network design and relocation decisions. Industry 4.0 provides an interesting opportunity in this regard. Both academics and practitioners predict significant efficiency and responsiveness gains through digital integration across the supply chain network.
The aim of this special issue is to capture new trends and critically analyse the impact of industry 4.0 on overall supply chain network design and relocation of global firms in emerging markets.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Relocation strategy for competitive advantage
- Internet of Things, big data, industry 4.0 - as innovative solutions in supply chain network design and implementation
- Knowledge management and industry 4.0: supply chain practices across service and manufacturing distribution hubs
- Lean practices under industry 4.0: sustainable supply chain management practices, supply chain dynamic capabilities and relocation decisions
- Industry 4.0: a survey on technologies, applications and planning decision
- Sustainability in performance measurement and management systems for production and warehousing operations under RAMI 4.0
- Best practice sharing using digital solutions for complexity management in multi-location networks
- Sustainable demand chain management using big data and IoT
- Opportunities of sustainable manufacturing and service operations in industry 4.0
- Sustainable supply chain management in the digitalization era: the impact of automated guided vehicles in multi-modular transportation
- Data-driven supply chain capabilities and performance across multi location
- Technological capabilities and supply chain resilience of firms during relocation decision: industry 4.0 perspective
- Advanced manufacturing, cyber-physical systems: relocation perspective
- Industry 4.0: research agenda for cross border sustainable business models
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editors:
Dr. Sudhanshu Joshi: email@example.com
Prof. Jose Arturo Garza-Reyes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Parag Diwan: email@example.com
Dr. A. Zafer Acar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts due by: 30 June, 2018
Notification to authors: 30 October, 2018
Final versions due by: 30 December, 2018