Calls for papers
Journal of Supply Chain Relocation
Special Issue on: "Next Generation of Research in the Field of Supply Chain Relocation"
Prof. Per Hilletofth, Jönköping University, Sweden
Supply chain relocation is a popular topic in the scientific literature. It concerns the relocation of manufacturing and other supply chain operations on both a national and international level. On an international level, it is commonly discussed as offshoring or reshoring, but may also involve outsourcing and insourcing. Offshoring has received the greatest attention in both research and practice. It has been a competitive tool, mainly to reduce the cost of labour, but also to gain other benefits, such as market access and economies of scale. Over time, it has become apparent that offshoring is not always successful, and for several reasons companies are now turning to reshoring. Currently, supply chain relocation is high on the agenda for many companies. The topic involves complex decision processes and requires proper risk management. In order to make appropriate decisions, a holistic supply chain view also is needed.
The aim of this special issue will be to capture new trends in the field of supply chain relocation. The goal is to act as a platform for the innovative work of the next generation of researchers and scholars. It is targeted specifically to young scholars and doctoral students who are at the cutting edge of supply chain relocation research.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supply chain management in a strategic context
- Global supply chain design
- Supply chain network (e.g., manufacturing, distribution, transportation)
- Manufacturing footprint design
- Manufacturing and supply chain strategy
- Relocation strategies (e.g. offshoring, reshoring, outsourcing, insourcing, nearshoring)
- Relocation processes (e.g. feasibility, realisation, drivers, enablers, barriers, outcomes)
- Relocation decisions (e.g. criteria, evaluation, investment/cost/risk assessment)
- Vertical integration
- Make or buy decisions
- Experience and best practices of relocation decisions
- New technology in relocation decisions (e.g. Industry 4.0, additive manufacturing)
- Sustainability issues in relocation decisions
- Supplier selection, evaluation, and relations
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editor Prof. Per Hilletofth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscripts due by: 31 December, 2017