Calls for papers
International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking
Special Issue on: "Security and Privacy in Complex Large-scale Computing Systems for Big Data Management"
Dr. Arcangelo Castiglione, University of Salerno, Italy
Prof. Jin Li, Guangzhou University, China
Dr. Zhe Liu, University of Waterloo, Canada
Prof. Marek R. Ogiela, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
Security and privacy in complex large-scale computing systems for big data management is expected to be one of the hottest topics in the next few years. Indeed, both academia and industry widely recognise the inherent potential of such systems. For organisations employing big data, the boundary between the use of private clouds, public clouds, virtualisation technologies, Internet of Things (IoT) et al. is sometimes very thin. Furthermore, our society is constantly influenced by different lifestyle shifts, driven by recent technological advances beyond the more established trend of cloud computing, e.g. cyber-physical systems (CPS), cyber-physical social lifestyles augmented by social media, smart clothing, nano-sensors, flexible electronics, etc. Therefore, assessing the security and privacy of such systems is today a main concern for computer scientists, engineers and practitioners.
Although research on finding approaches to solve real-world security and privacy problems has been conducted in the public domain for decades, and well established paradigms and techniques have been proposed to solve several security problems in our lives, today new challenges emerge due to the additional features beyond the basic security requirements, arising from real-world constraints, changing needs or socio-technological revolutions.
The aim of this special issue will be to seek recommendations and innovative methods which can be successfully delivered to multi-disciplines, providing us quality papers focused on security and privacy in complex large-scale computing systems, whose lessons learned will be transferable across disciplines to encourage interdisciplinary research and funding activities essential for progressive research and development. More in general, we welcome all things non-conventional, i.e., tools, techniques and frameworks influenced by recent and/or future socio-technological revolutions.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at The 12th International Conference on Green, Pervasive and Cloud Computing (GPC 2017), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Security, privacy and trust in e-business systems
- Malware behavioural detection and vaccine development by using smart classifiers
- Intelligent approaches for building secure decentralised public key infrastructures
- Self-adaptive federated authorisation infrastructures
- Improving network intrusion detection techniques through quality of service configuration and parallel technology
- Hybrid approaches for scalable anonymisation over big data on intelligent data centres
- Novel techniques for vulnerability analysis of smart grid against cyber attacks
- Tools and techniques for distributed segment-based anomaly detection
- Efficient data possession checking protocols for smart cities
- Parallelisable encryption techniques
- Sanitising API usages by means of semantic techniques
- Intelligent techniques for preventing attribute inference attacks via users' social friends and behaviours
- Privacy enhancing technologies for biometric data
- Countermeasures against side-channel and fault-injection attacks
- Cryptographic access control for IoT and smart cities
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editors:
Dr. Arcangelo Castiglione: email@example.com
Prof. Jin Li: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Zhe Liu: email@example.com
Prof. Marek R. Ogiela: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts due by: 1 August, 2017
Notification to authors: 31 October, 2017
Final versions due by: 30 November, 2017