Calls for papers
International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms
Special Issue on: "Intelligent Solutions to Industrial Problems through Swarm Intelligence Algorithms"
Dr. Tarun Kumar Sharma, Amity University, Jaipur, India
Dr. Millie Pant, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
Dr. Sebastian Basterrech, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
Swarm intelligence is concerned with the design of intelligent multi-agent systems by taking inspiration from the collective behaviour of natural species such bees, ants, flocks of birds or schools of fish. Swarm research essentially falls into three categories:
- Swarm intelligence algorithms are modified in order to improve their performance in terms of convergence, algorithm efficacy and accuracy.
- Modifying the algorithm depending on a specific problem.
- Modifying/designing an algorithm so that it can applied to addressing a wide range of applications.
Swarm intelligence can be applied to a variety of fields in fundamental research, engineering, industries and social sciences.
The main objective of this special issue is to present a collection of high-quality research articles that address the broad challenges and solutions in industrial problems with application aspects of swarm intelligence, and to reflect emerging trends in state-of-the-art algorithms.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Materials acquisition
- Medical dataset classification
- Heating system planning
- Dynamic control
- Train schedule timetabling
- Shape optimisation
- Telecommunication network design
- Problems from computational biology
- Software project planning and scheduling
- Mechanical engineering design problems
- Resource optimisation (human, financial, machinery)
- Noise control
- Optimisation of power flows
- Sensor network localisation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 10 September, 2017