Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics
Special Issue on: "Recent Advances in Theory and Applications of Visual Intelligence"
Dr. Jeonghwan Gwak, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea
Prof. Sang-Woong Lee, Chosun University, Republic of Korea
Due to recent progress in intelligent algorithms and sensing and processing devices, visual intelligence is getting more attention, and plays essential roles in many application fields such as visual surveillance, intelligent transportation systems, healthcare, virtual/augmented reality, robotics, autonomous systems and so forth. In addition, growing capability in recent years of processing large amounts of data has given rise to a large variety of interesting applications and created challenging research and development issues.
A crucial new requirement of visual intelligence in the era of big data is to develop effective and efficient methods and analytics solutions for applications by utilising big data. This special issue aims to disseminate recent advances in theory and diverse applications of visual intelligence. We cordially invite authors to submit papers presenting original contributions in the field of visual intelligence.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 5th IEEE International Conference on Control, Automation and Information Sciences, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Methods and applications of visual surveillance, intelligent transportation systems, healthcare, virtual/augmented reality, robotics and autonomous systems
- Big data processing and analysis
- Computational models of biological and machine vision
- Automatic vehicle control and perception
- Human-machine interaction
- Multi-sensory data fusion
- Object detection, recognition and tracking
- Data association algorithms for multiple target tracking
- Video and scene classification
- Novel image features, frameworks and applications for video and scene understanding
- Modelling and recognition of events
- Anomaly detection of events
- Human and vehicle activity recognition
- Image processing and enhancement
- Large-scale and real-time image processing
- Crowd scene understanding
- Gesture and posture recognition
- 3D reconstruction
- 3D vision and perception
- Cooperative perception
- Virtual and robotic conversational agents
- Vehicle detection, counting and classification
- Machine learning methods and applications for visual intelligence
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 May, 2017