Calls for papers
Electronic Government, an International Journal
Special Issue on: "New Developments in Electronics, Cloud and IoT"
Prof. A. Surendar and Dr. N. Usha Rani, Vignan’s University, India
Cloud and IoT are considered as complimentary technologies. They provide paradigms for the development of distributed, heterogeneous and complex systems which are characterised by requirements such as large scale storage space, a large volume of data (or big data), high end computer processing power, greater flexibility and availability, and interoperable networks and communication protocols. Such systems contain a set of smart (physical) devices of IoT which are interconnected and controlled through (software) services using cloud infrastructure. Thus the convergence of cloud with the IoT has the potential to provide new levels of services in various sectors including businesses, education, science and research, public sector and governmental organisations.
This special issue aims to foster the dissemination of high-quality research with new ideas, approaches, theories and practice to resolve the challenging issues related to the new developments in cloud and IoT.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International conference on Allied Electrical and Communication Systems (ICAECS2016), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Models and architectures
- Data processing and management
- Service selection and provisioning
- Context awareness
- Security, privacy and reliability
- Performance evaluation and modelling
- Energy efficiency
- Big data applications
- IoT platforms for big data and data analytics
- Environmental sensing and computing
- Ambient-oriented technologies
- Smart environments and applications
- Intelligent data analysis
- Social data mining techniques
- Real-time intelligence
- Intelligent sensors and sensing applications
- Challenges in big data storage and processing
- Mining and recommendation techniques for IoT environments
- Data mining analytics applied to smart cities
- Data mining techniques applied to cultural heritage domain
- IoT architecture, tools and applications for data analysis
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 April, 2017