Calls for papers
International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations
Special Issue on: "Swarm and Evolutionary Computational Approaches: Recent Advances in Networking and Internet of Things (IoT)"
Prof. Arun Kumar Sangaiah, VIT University, India
Prof. Anil Kumar Verma, Thapar University, India
Prof. Nadia Nedjah, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Prof. Zhiyong Zhang, Henan University of Science and Technology, China
Presently, swarm and evolutionary computational approaches are being increasingly applied to a variety of problems by academicians, researchers and practitioners in the ever-evolving field of data communication. These approaches range from genetic algorithms, neural networks and fuzzy logic to the modern trends of ant colony optimisation, artificial bee colony and cuckoo search algorithms.
This special issue aims to provide an intellectual forum for researchers in academia and scientists and engineers from diverse working environments to present their latest research findings and share their views on future challenges and opportunities in these areas of application.
It also intends to explore novel theoretical/practical developments in the field of networking and Internet of Things (IoT), including problems in integrating network technologies, routing issues, ensuring security, quality of service (QoS), reliability and so on. Moreover, the issue also hopes to address challenges associated with modelling and performance issues of communication networks for IoT.
Specifically, this special issue will focus on contributions towards developments in the field of networking and IoT based on swarm and evolutionary approaches. Presented approaches should be validated through real practical applications.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evolutionary computation algorithms and architectures for networks
- Computational intelligence-based modelling and simulation for wireless sensor networks (WSN)
- Swarm intelligence techniques and its solutions for WSN
- Neural computation and ensemble learning
- Artificial immune systems and their solutions for networks
- Theories of evolutionary algorithms
- Statistical learning theory and learning classifier systems for wireless networks
- Advanced genetic programming and neural network approaches for wireless network services
- Fuzzy logic approaches for WSN
- Hybrid computational approaches for wireless networks
- Bio-inspired optimisation algorithms for wireless communication and networking
- Nature-inspired computing for mobile ad hoc networks
- Search-based network engineering
- Knowledge discovery and data mining models for IoT
- Internet of intelligent things: bringing artificial intelligence into things and communication networks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 1 September, 2016
Review notification to authors: 15 November, 2016
Submission of revised papers: 1 January, 2017
Notification of final review results: 1 March, 2017