Calls for papers
International Journal of Inventory Research
Special Issue on: "Inventory Management in the Fashion Industry"
Bin Shen, Donghua University, China
Kristin A. Thoney-Barletta, North Carolina State University, USA
Pui-Sze Chow, Centennial College, Hong Kong
Hau-Ling Chan, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
The fashion and textiles industry is one of the most important industries in the world. Its markets are characterised by short product life cycles and high demand volatility. To be profitable in this fast-paced and uncertain environment, effective and efficient supply chain management is necessary. This special issue is devoted to the latest and most significant findings on inventory management in fashion supply chains.
We seek cutting-edge developments, novel concepts, innovative practices and research opportunities in inventory management in the fashion industry. We actively encourage submissions of analytical, empirical and case-based studies, with methodologies including mathematical modelling, simulation and conceptual framework formulation with suitable case studies or large-scale surveys.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inventory management and production planning in the fashion industry
- Job scheduling problems in fashion manufacturing and remanufacturing
- Optimal lot sizing in fashion supply chains
- Inventory control methods in fashion supply chains
- Healthcare apparel product management
- Inventory management for sourcing and outsourcing in fashion supply chains
- Risk management for fashion product inventory
- Sustainability issues in inventory management in the fashion industry
- Demand forecasting and inventory planning for fashion products
- Performance measurement for fashion inventory management
- Vendor-managed inventory in the fashion industry
- Information technology for inventory management in the fashion industry
- Multi-criteria, multi-objective decision making models for inventory management in the fashion industry
- Facility location models and network design methods for inventory management in the fashion industry
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 1 May, 2016