Calls for papers
International Journal of Vehicle Performance
Special Issue on: "Recent Advances in Vehicle Handling Dynamics and Controls"
Dr. Ken Kang, Honda R& D Americas Inc., USA
Dr. Daniel Metz, Metz Engineering and Racing, LLC(MER), USA
Dr. Mustafa Ali Arat, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Vehicle dynamics addresses some of the most fundamental performance factors of vehicles related to handling, acceleration, braking and ride, and is thus one of the most important subjects for ground vehicles. Over the last decades, chassis control systems have evolved dramatically and increasingly impacted vehicle dynamics in lateral, longitudinal and vertical directions. In particular, vehicle dynamics control systems, such as anti-lock braking systems (ABS), traction control systems (TCS), electronic stability control systems (ESP), all wheel driving system (AWD), active suspension (A-SUS), active steering system (AFS) and various driver assist systems (DAS) have been extensively explored to enhance vehicle dynamics response characteristics, stability, safety, efficiency and robustness under various operational conditions and have been increasingly applied to production vehicles.
This special issue will feature novel methods, new discoveries and advances in the study of vehicle handling dynamics, stability and controls with evolutionary approaches in an extended range of applications including handling-related vehicle performance characterisation, simulation, testing and correlation analysis, sensitivity study and robustness, active dynamics controls, driver assistance systems, simulation tools for control system evaluations, etc. It will bring together vehicle dynamics and control experts in academia and industry worldwide to explore current issues regarding vehicle handling dynamics and controls.
This issue aims to provide a platform intended to foster emerging ideas regarding the development of advanced vehicle dynamics and control strategies for vehicle handling and stability performance assessment and enhancement.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vehicle handling dynamics performance requirements, measures and characterisation
- Handling performance simulation, testing, correlation, sensitivity analysis, optimisation, operational robustness and enhancement
- Race car handling dynamics analysis
- Vehicle handling dynamics and chassis control system developments including ESP, AWD, A-SUS, AFS, etc.
- State estimations, sensory systems, actuation systems and their implementations in vehicle handling dynamics control systems
- Chassis dynamics control system integrations for enhancing overall vehicle handling dynamics and stability characteristics and robustness
- Handling related driver-vehicle interaction and driver-assistance systems (DAS)
- Simulators for vehicle handling dynamics, stability and control system developments including hardware in the loop (HILS) and driver in the loop (DILS)
- Impact of system hybridisation and electrification on vehicle handling dynamics and controls
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 May, 2016