Calls for papers
International Journal of Decision Support Systems
Special Issue on: "OR and New Technologies in Management and Engineering"
Evangelos Grigoroudis and Michael Doumpos, Technical University of Crete, Greece
Operational Research (OR), as a multidisciplinary analytical field, contributes in many different ways in the design, dissemination, and management of several new technological innovations in management and engineering. Among others these include areas such as big data analytics, advanced manufacturing systems, green technologies, warehouse management systems, supply chain networks, route planning and transport telematics, e-services, and bioinformatics. This special issue aims at presenting the latest advances on the contributions of OR approaches in technology-driven areas in management and engineering, covering both theoretical/methodological developments as well as real-world case studies. The special issue also welcomes submissions that explore the connections of OR with other analytical disciplines (e.g. AI, soft computing, computer science, etc.), which promote the development of new decision support technologies.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Combinatorial optimisation and mathematical programming
- Metaheuristics and evolutionary algorithms
- Operations and quality management
- Data envelopment analysis and frontier models
- Data mining, business intelligence, analytics
- Multi-objective optimisation and multi-criteria decision aid
- Electronic services and commerce
- Energy management, economics and finance
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Financial decision making
- Marketing and forecasting
- Agent-based modelling, simulation and stochastic models
- Decision support systems
- Group decision making and negotiations
- Project management and scheduling
- Optimal control and dynamic programming
- Markov processes and queuing
- Governance and policy modelling
- Risk analysis and management
- Fuzzy systems
- Game theory
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Deadline for full paper submission: 30 September, 2015