Calls for papers
International Journal of High Performance Computing and Networking
Special Issue on: "Advances in Parallel Methods for Scientific Computing"
Guest Editors:Raphaël Couturier, University of Bourgogne Franche-Comte, France
Peter Strazdins, Australian National University, Australia
Laurence Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
This special issue will bring together the recent research and experiences of computer scientists, applied mathematicians and other researchers in the area of parallel computing for problems in scientific applications.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
- Development of advanced parallel algorithms, applications and middleware applicable to scientific computing
- Scientific computing in HPC architectures, including supercomputers, clusters, manycores, multicores, GPUs, FPGAs, etc.
- Practical experiences using vparallel programming models such as CAF, UPC, Global Arrays, Chapel, Cilk, Intel TBB, X10, Charm++, etc.
- Case studies in asynchronous many task programming models and their use
- Resilient algorithms, applications and programming models
- Compiler, hardware and OS issues for parallel scientific computing
- Memory system and I/O support for parallel scientific computing
- Power and energy efficiency issues, performance modelling, tuning and evaluation of parallel scientific computing
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 September, 2015
Notification to authors: 30 November, 2015
Final versions due by: 15 January, 2016