Calls for papers
International Journal of Social Media and Interactive Learning Environments
Special Issue on: "Blended Learning"
Dr. Qiyun Wang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Blended learning (or hybrid or mixed learning) has replaced a portion (e.g. 30%-70%) of traditional classroom teaching with online learning. Being a combination of online learning and face-to-face teaching, blended learning not only solves the problem of time and space, but also has greater potential for engaging students and improving their learning outcomes.
Blended learning is becoming a norm in higher education. However, simply blending online learning with classroom teaching does not automatically produce better learning results. Deliberate instructional design as well as implementation is crucial.
This special issue aims to collect and publish research papers based on empirical studies and conceptual papers for guiding effective design and implementation of blended learning.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical frameworks or models for blended learning
- Strategies for blending online learning with face-to-face learning
- Patterns, advantages and limitations of blended learning
- Design for blended learning
- Designing blended learning environments for (adult) learners
- Designing blended learning environments for basic or tertiary education
- Cases studies and examples of blended learning
- Blended learning communities for teachers' professional development
- Design of blended courses
- Experiences of and lessons learned from implementing blended learning
- Meta-analysis of blended learning
- Design and development of interactive online learning environments for blended learning
- Social media for online and/or blended learning
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 August, 2015
Notification to authors: 15 October, 2015
Final versions due by: 15 November, 2015